Some Bits of Information From McGlowan-Gallo Round II

February 25, 2010
tags: 2010 House, Angela McGlowan, MS-01, Paul Gallo

Here are a couple points of interest from Angela McGlowan’s appearance on Gallo this morning:

- She mentioned she might write a book about the campaign
- She said if she lost, she would endorse Ross if he won, but she would not support Nunnelee if he were the nominee. She called him a “RINO”- Republican In Name Only
- She claimed her previous gun statements were as a Fox analyst not her own opinion

I, personally, was not listening to the interview live but have heard feedback from several people. The underlying theme I am hearing is that it was painful and difficult to listen to. One person said she “flounders about with erratic statements,” and that she is constantly talking as if she can’t be silent.

Another observation, from someone who was being beneficial to McGlowan, was that she is more of a visual person and radio is not her medium. If you have seen the YouTube clips of her speeches, you will see she is a very energetic and entertaining speaker on the stump. That doesn’t translate well on the radio.

The comment about writing a book also seemed to rub people the wrong way.

Overall, I haven’t heard a whole lot of positive comments about her appearance. I don’t know if she won over any voters this morning. If we get a recording, we will post it here.

Update: Alan Lange has most of the interview up, as well as his thoughts on her appearance and where she stands today.

1. Chris permalink
    February 25, 2010 11:50 am

Nunnelee a RINO? She sure is digging…

2. Amber permalink
    February 25, 2010 12:25 pm

She has the audacity to call someone a RINO? Wow!

3. Sarah permalink
    February 25, 2010 1:04 pm

See i told you you wood come around to liking Mrs. McGlowan. She has the audacity to tell it like it is. I know she will be that way for us win she gets to Washinton to. Her website is mcglowanforcongress.com you will only like her more.
    McGlowan for President 2016!

4. marmie permalink
    February 25, 2010 2:17 pm

She doesn’t adhere to the Reagan rule of not speaking ill of fellow Republicans. Too bad. Her constant interupting and demanding courtsey that she doesn’t return was off putting. She LIED about the hecklers in Hernando, even her Tea Party stoogies said she wasn’t heckled.

• Sarah permalink
      February 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Well her fellow Republicans didnt hesetate to dis her when they got the chance. So whats good for the goose is good for the gandar. And we must keep in mind that she is a lady and she should be treated with curtesy. If you wood have listen to the show you wood have nown she was very strong on the points that madered. And I was in Hernando and she was very much heckeled.
      McGlowan for President 2016!

5. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    February 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Sorry all but my computer jumped and the next thing I know my response showed up on the wrong page. Hope you don’t mind that I copied onto here. My apologies for the repeat.

McGlowan had another poor showing on Gallo. She spent the entire time defending herself on the gun issue, rally altercations, where she really lives, and the Bacerra donation. It is never good when a candidate cannot get to the campaign issues because their campaigning time is spent defending themselves. McGlowan tried several times to move on but either a caller or Gallo brought her right back again. Gallo did give her one redeeming question but she blew that too. When he asked her what she would do if she lost the election she said write a book about Mississippi Politics. Unless I am mistaken she moved back here because she wanted to give back to her state. With her skills she could certainly find lots of ways to give back besides running for office or writing a book. Just another bad answer that shows who she really is.

I do take exception to the term Tea Party Stooges. Lots of us a really smart and we see through the so called glitz of McGlowan.

• marmie permalink
      February 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Then you aren’t the one I was referring to in my comment. Please do not take it personally. Are you aware that several Tea Party “leaders” are endorsing her as the Tea Party candidate?

6. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    February 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Yes, I am aware of several who say they are leaders of the Tea Party movement who are endorcing her personally. That sure makes it look like she is a Tea Party candidate. McGlowan is not my candidate, as I told Frank Lee and I will say the same to you Marmie. Take heart, most Tea Party folks I know, and there of 1000s, do not endorce McGlowan for anything and will not vote for her.

7. marmie permalink
    February 25, 2010 3:55 pm

I gave you a tumbs up on that. I was worried that her glitz and glam would cover up the Real McGlowan. Check out that site.

8. Frank Lee permalink
    February 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Write a book! At least now we know her real motive for running. What is she going to call her book “How To Blow Up a Campaign in Less Than Twenty-One Days”? At least she would be an expert on that subject.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a book title?