Henry Ross: I Am The Only Republican in MS-01 Pledging Term Limits

April 8, 2010
tags: 2010 House, Henry Ross, MS-01, term limits

Henry Ross is out with his latest campaign video and the main focus is Ross’ pledge to limit himself to six terms (twelve years) and support a Constitutional amendment putting term limits in place for all Senators and Representatives.

In a press release issued with the new video, Ross’ team pointed out that he is the “only Republican candidate for Mississippi’s First Congressional District to pledge to term limits.”

1. Ron permalink
    April 8, 2010 3:58 pm

No Henry you are not the only Republican in the race who supports term limits. Joe Tegerdine does too. Joe is limiting himself to 8 years.

2. Joe Montana permalink
    April 8, 2010 4:02 pm

Ross is talking about the First Congressional District not the Fourth.

3. Mississippi Elitist permalink
    April 8, 2010 4:52 pm

Those students look engaged and energetic alright. I will say Ross is putting forth some video effort into trying to get the job. Too bad it is exactly what I would expect out of him all of the Tea Party talking points. What can he do to bring others in DC to the table to get the things he wants done in Dist 1 accomplished? You need to have people who will go along with you on legislature in order for his ideas to get passed. You must be willing to work with others and be open to there ideas as well as have ideas of your own. Being a “non-career politician” is OK but how do you expect to get things done when you are an outcast because you want everyone there to vote to fire themselves after a period of time? What can you realistically do in Washington if you plan to ostracize yourself as soon as you get there?
    We all have ideas and ideals that we would like to see congress work tward but we must also be real about what can really be done and go from there. Baby steps.

4. Red permalink
    April 8, 2010 6:39 pm

We already have an ability to limit a term. As voters we can vote you in or out. If he wanted to get my attention, stop the pay check and benefits for life these people get. Ross seems like he is throwing spaghetti at a wall to me, throw things out there in hopes that something will stick.

5. Robt.Barnes permalink
    April 8, 2010 8:33 pm

Mr. Ross can posture all he wants to,but D.C. will never go along w/term limits.
    it’s just another talking point ploy it seems.after all,he IS a lawyer,he knows this—
    Red is correct,we ALREADY have a built in term limit,its called VOTING

6. colonel reb permalink
    April 8, 2010 8:38 pm

I am pretty sure he says he is doing two things: a) self imposed term limits. b) try and get others to do the same through a Constitutional amendment. He maybe unsuccessful on the latter, but he is telling you he will be gone in 12 years unless the people Vote him out earlier. I am glad you wisely pointed out this voting thing too.

I bet you’ll wish Travis Childers had committed to Term Limits before this is all over.

7. Sarah permalink
    April 8, 2010 8:52 pm

Thats right Mr Ross you best be in class because Angie McGlowan is about to school you in how to get votes.

8. Frank Lee permalink
    April 8, 2010 9:25 pm

We all know that Ross is making such a push because of the big Tea Party straw poll coming up on Saturday.
    Let me say this to all of you people who consider yourself true to the core values of the Tea Party ideals, if you vote this Saturday or any other day without taking a serious look at Les Green then you are doing nothing but enabling the GOP machine.
    Why do you think Ross, Nunnelee and McGlowan are running for the GOP nomination? Because they fit with the GOP machine and want the GOP money.
    I for one really am interested in stopping career politicians and good for nothing, but self preservation, people in our public offices.
    I will admit that in the past the only reason that I voted GOP is because I felt that they would do less damage than the liberal dems. This year I am voting for a candidate who puts his money where his mouth is when it comes to helping his community. For goodness sakes he started a business painting homes in order to give jobs to people who were struggling to find work after getting out of prison or drug rehab. Awesome!
    Plus his three pillars are truth, integrity, and sacrifice.
    Finally someone with the guts to say it is going to take some sacrifice on our parts to get this country going in the right direction.
    His website is http://www.lesgreenforcongress.com if you are really serious about voting for a Tea Party type conservative then you will want to check this guy out.

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
      April 9, 2010 4:10 pm

Frank,

I am almost afraid to say that I agree with least we have several folks waging a major attack on both of us. Les Green does look good to me also. I am in total agreement with your statement on Green’s platform. Realistically if we end up having to vote for a
      GOP candidate for me it will be Ross.

9. Jason permalink
    April 8, 2010 9:55 pm

Ross is not going to have to worry about limiting himself to six terms in Congress. He will never serve one term there. The only way he goes to Capitol Hill will be as a visitor. His idea has a stale, old, 1994 feel to it. Terms limits were an issue then, not now. Unfortunately, we have much bigger problems to worry about now. Also, I am opposed to term limits. The voters already have the right to limit Congressional terms evertime they vote. It seems like Ross thinks that we voters do not have enough sense to know whom we should elect.