Primary Weekend Open Thread

May 28, 2010
tags: open thread
by Staff

Although the election is on Tuesday, we will most likely be light on coverage until Monday night (at the earliest). Feel free to comment, opine, post links, or whatever you would like (just keep it G rated).

Note: If you post multiple links, it will probably get caught up in spam filters. Email me at if you think that’s the case.

1. May 28, 2010 11:43 am

I’ll try to dump some press release/ other info in here:

National Veterans Group Endorses Steven Palazzo for U.S. Congress

(Biloxi)—Iraq Veterans for Congress recently endorsed Steven Palazzo, a Republican candidate for U.S. Congress in Mississippi’s fourth congressional district.

Steven Palazzo, a Marine Veteran of the Persian Gulf War, who is currently serving in the Mississippi Army National Guard, and the State Legislature fits the Iraq Veterans for Congress’s mold of brave men and women who have transitioned from “Citizen Soldier to Citizen Legislator.”

Iraq Veterans for Congress (IVC) is a national veterans group dedicated to supporting conservative Republican veterans running for Congress, “who are determined to become a voice for our troops, military families, and hardworking patriotic Americans who believe that our country, our Constitution and our way of life are worth fighting for.” (http://www.iraqvetsforcongress.com/about_IVC.htm – 5/27/10)

Steven Palazzo released the following statements regarding this distinguished endorsement:

“My service in the Marine Corps, the Army National Guard, and our State Legislature has equipped me with the courage to stand up to Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama’s liberal agenda in Washington.”

“Over twenty years ago, I took an oath to uphold and defend our Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. I live by this oath every day and will continue to live by this oath when I am elected to Congress.”

“It has been an honor serving Mississippi and our great nation as a Marine Veteran of the Persian Gulf War, in the Army National Guard, and as a State Legislature. I am also honored and humbled to be endorsed by the Iraq Veterans for Congress.”

“Once I am elected to Congress, I will continue to serve South Mississippi and our nation with honor, and fight for conservative, South Mississippi values.”

2. May 28, 2010 11:44 am

Full presser from Nunnelee on attacks:

Travis Childers Resorts to Dirty Tricks to Influence GOP Primary

Negative Attack Mail Reveals Childers’ Partnership with Radical Left-Wing Labor Union

The Nunnelee Campaign for Congress has been advised of a sinister liberal campaign to influence the Republican primary by attacking the most formidable candidate in the field, Alan Nunnelee. In an underhanded maneuver, a dishonest and negative mailer targeting Sen. Nunnelee was sent to GOP primary voters in Mississippi’s First Congressional District from an address matching that of the Citizens for Strength and Security (CSS). Citizens for Strength and Security, a shady “527″ organization, is funded primarily by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), a radical left-wing labor group that vigorously supports Obamacare and the job-killing cap & trade scheme that would kill Mississippi jobs.

“The congressman’s apparent partnership with left-wing labor unions reflects just how out-of-touch he is with middle-class families and seniors of North Mississippi, said Nunnelee General Consultant Morgan Baldwin. “We are calling on Travis Childers to denounce the dirty tricks perpetrated by the D.C. liberals who support him. If he refuses to do so, it would only further cement the perception around here that he’s gone Washington after just two years in office.”

• May 28, 2010 7:38 pm

This issue made Politico today- http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/37927.html

3. May 28, 2010 11:46 am

Presser from Ross:

Roll Call Covers Ross Campaign Surge

This morning Roll Call, a nationally recognized political publication, featured the Ross Campaign as another example of a surging anti-establishment campaign. According to Roll Call, “If Nunnelee is forced to a runoff and if he were to lose, it would be a second embarrassment for the NRCC after fellow Young Gun Vaughn Ward was defeated in the May 25 primary in Idaho.” Our campaign is the outsider as we’ve been out gunned, out manned, out spent and have had no support from Washington or Jackson. But, we have overwhelming volunteer support from dedicated people in the district who have turned this election into a horse race. In the article, Henry offers credit for the campaign’s momentum to an anti-establishment movement across the country fueled in part by the Tea Party, saying, “other non-establishment candidates have gotten support this cycle, and I believe we’re getting that same kind of support here in Mississippi.” This race will be a spirited sprint to the finish line. Join us as we work hard to send a fighter to Washington to restore the pillars of faith, family and freedom on which our nation was established.

We Need Your Help

We have less than a week until Election Day. We see momentum in our campaign in all parts of the district. This is a horse race and it can go either way.

We have found lots of support for Henry, but we still don’t know who is going to go to the polls. The key to winning is to identify likely Ross voters and get them to the polls (or to help them vote absentee).

We need, starting now, to make as many contacts as possible with voters. You might telephone, e-mail or go see your neighbors. You decide who you want to contact and afterwards make a list of those who are likely to vote for Henry. On Tuesday be sure that our supporters are reminded to vote. We have contacted many people who have asked “what election?” Nunnelee has spent nearly $500,000 and many people still don’t know about Tuesday’s election. Our opponent has missed them. Your visit with the neighbors will probably be the only personal contact they have with any campaign. In most areas you will be able to get at least half the people you see. Personal contact works.

We’re getting low on yard signs, but we can get you a few. If a neighbor becomes excited about Henry take a sign off the side of the highway and stick it in their yard. A yard sign in a neighbor’s yard is much more effective than one on the highway.

IN addition to seeing the neighbors, we need to get a few people who will go door –to-door in some selected areas. One reason to do this is because most of those people have not been contacted by any campaign. Another reason is that many don’t even know we’re voting on June 1st and an excellent reason is because Henry Ross is easy to sale. His character and his experience appeal to people. His ideas (term limits, defining marriage, gun rights & tax cuts) appeal to people. People also like his military service and his work on the Border Fence. If you can get a small group to give an hour or two in selected areas then every person in the group is likely to get Henry 15-20 votes.

We’ve talked about signs. They are in short supply, we still have push cards, but not a lot. We have bumper stickers and lapel stickers. Please use up all of these materials, they aren’t worth much after the election.

I hope that the ladies will all get a lapel sticker to wear out and about this weekend. People will ask you about it and that opens the door to sell Henry. It will help if you carry some push cards with you. If you want a lapel sticker, e-mail your mailing address right now and we’ll send them or deliver them to you.

Don’t forget that some of our supporters will need to vote by absentee. See what you can do to help them. Contact either one of us for advice.

If you need supplies or want to support progress, please respond to .

Remember that Monday is Memorial Day and both the post offices and the banks are closed.

We are prepared for a run off. Each of you can do a lot to make this happen.

Hunter Lipscomb and Jeppie Barbour

• Mississippi Elitist permalink
      May 28, 2010 2:30 pm

In regards to the “Roll Call” article, not Ross specifically, I am curious to see at what cost the Tea Party has gotten their candidates the nomination.
      I am afraid that in November there will be a very real and very serious rip in the GOP because of the embarrassment caused by these primaries. I do not think the rip will be because of the candidate that won the primary but how that candidate won the GOP primary.

What I am referring to is the reason that I will not vote for Henry Ross next Tuesday and that is because he, like all of the other “Tea Party candidates”, are running for the GOP ticket and the whole time he and these other candidates are taking every cheap shots and sucker punches at the very party they are trying to win the MONEY of.
      The GOP should be like a “family” the liberals are defiantly a “family” and where I come from you DO NOT talk bad about your family. You can talk amongst your family about how you would like to see some things change within your family but you DO NOT talk to others about your family.
      So when I look at the three candidates running for the GOP ticket they are all very similar in there stance on what needs to happen in DC but Mr. Nunnelee is the ONLY one that has NOT EVER blasted his family (the GOP) in order to win a vote! As a matter of fact he has taken heat from supporters of the other two candidates for being a part of the GOP family and never once wavered or cowered into talking bad about the GOP family.
      Say what you want but that takes guts and that takes class and that takes courage and that is what kind of person I want representing me in DC!

• Scott permalink
        May 28, 2010 8:54 pm

I am sure Nunnelee would be taking shots at the “establishment” if it was not working in his favor. The fact that party insiders pick favorites before the primary opens them up to criticism. I know my children would let me have it if I picked a favorite. Your post brings to light the very issue so many people have with the party system… loyalty of a candidate should be to the people first, not the party and you so aptly refer to it as a “family.” Sounds kind of mobish… was that on purpose? Is Barbour the God Father?

4. May 28, 2010 11:48 am

Oxford Tea Party-

CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATES TAKE STAND ON ISSUES

Oxford, MS ― As the June 1 Republican primary approaches, the TEA Party Oxford leaders have just completed in-depth, separate interviews with all three Republican candidates who are seeking to represent Mississippi’s 1st Congressional District in Washington. There being no Democratic primary, and no independent candidates on the ballot on June 1, the TEA Party group focused only on this one race.

After studying and discussing more than twenty issues believed to be the most important ones facing our country today, the committee prepared a questionnaire focusing on these major issues. The candidates were asked to respond to the questionnaires in advance of the interviews, and then to meet and discuss their positions with the TEA Party committee. According to committee leader John Scott of Oxford, “We believe that the interviews were tough, fair and reflective of issues important to the voters of Mississippi’s 1st Congressional District as well as all Americans.”

The candidates’ responses are now posted for all to read on the TEA Party Oxford website at http://www.teapartyoxford.com, and everyone is encouraged to read them before next Tuesday’s election. This latest TEA Party Oxford activity is in keeping with one of the primary goals of the organization: to help voters become well informed on the issues as well as the beliefs and positions of the candidates, prior to election day. No recommendations will be made by the TEA Party group.

According to committee leader Kay Cobb, “We sincerely thank Angela McGlowan, Alan Nunnelee and Henry Ross for the time they committed to meet with us and their interest in serving our district. At a later date, nearer the general election in November, we will invite all nine candidates for Mississippi’s 1st Congressional District to participate with us in a comprehensive public discussion and debate.”

5. Grizz permalink
    May 28, 2010 12:06 pm

the big final push and news of course will be from here,corinth,sat big tea party when all GOP candidates will speak-last public speaking by these 3 together b 4 primary
    could be big news from this event–

• May 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Speaking of that, here is an announcement from Les Green:

Les Green, an independent candidate for Congress in Mississippi’s 1st District has the following public schedule for Saturday, May 29th.

Corinth -Les will be speaking at the Corinth/Alcorn County Tea Party Event. Speakers will be featured between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM on the courthouse lawn. Our team will have a tent set up. We welcome the opportunity to meet you! Please stop by for a visit and a bumper sticker!

May 28, 2010 4:04 pm

wally,gail,ALL will be there me 2 camera in hand

May 28, 2010 4:05 pm

my kid too,with her vote for me in 2032 poster lol

6. marmie permalink
    May 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Is everyone on Memorial Day Vacation already?

• Mississippi Elitist permalink
      May 28, 2010 3:34 pm

I guess it’s just us’es on here today Marmie! Everyone else seems to have gone to the pool or lake or something.
      It seems like one of us would have at least gotten an invite to go along!
      Alas I guess somebody has to be the pasty computer geeks.

May 28, 2010 3:43 pm

there will be more going to lake on vacation after tuesday,and TARVIS THE TARD will be packing in nov.

• Mississippi Elitist permalink
          May 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Grizz I believe that you Frank Lee, Marmie, and ME make one more than three…..
          I too made a rhyme it’s about time….
          Whew that’s two….
          I am wondering is this turning into a haiku.

You folks with your Tarvis the tard have inspired me.
          As I am sure you already see…..

May 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Angela started hers 60 days ago

7. May 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Tegerdine campaign update:

Dear Friends,

With less than a week to go until the Primary, we must do all we can to get voters to the polls June 1st. The race is ours to win, but we must not stop until the votes are counted! Three quick reminders:

1. I made the challenge last week for everyone to get 20 people out to vote on Election Day. If we do this, we will win by a land slide, but it will take everyone doing their part. I suggest you write down as many names as you can think of right now and make sure you have contacted each of those people before Tuesday, June 1st. If they are going to be out of town, inform them that they can cast an absentee ballot at their County Clerk’s office.

2. On Election Day, send a text to all of the contacts in your cell phone to go vote for Joe. I am sure many of you have more than 20 contacts in your phone.

3. Over the next 5 days, please make phone calls, knock doors, and talk to family and friends. If you need call lists or would like to join a group to knock doors, email and we will put you in touch with a county coordinator.

Best Regards and God Bless! Let’s WIN!
    Joe Tegerdine

8. princess sophia permalink
    May 28, 2010 4:23 pm

The next time Palazzo and Tegerdine debated, Palazzo said he’d been naive in the past and was now for term limits. It was pretty amusing. He’s been morphing every time I’ve seen him.

9. princess sophia permalink
    May 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Here they are on the federal reserve. It was clear that Steve wasn’t as prepared as he thought he was. Should the unlikely occur and he shoulkd win somone needs to sit him down and teach him what he really does have to do when he gets to DC. Watch the difference between the two of them,

10. Red permalink
    May 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Does Jeppie make anyone else think of Boss Hog from Dukes of Hazard? Just a good ole boy…never meaning no harm. Marmie wheres the canned music? I have a Waylon Jennings CD.

11. Sarah permalink
    May 28, 2010 4:42 pm

princess sophia I am not trying to pick a fight with you I am just wondering if you know anything about the name that you use.
    The real Princess Sophia had an affair with her brother, and the only other use of the term comes from the movie how to lose a man in 10 days and there it is used as another name for the “male organ”.
    I did not know if you were aware of that. Or maybe you just do not care to each their own.
    Either way I feel that knowing is half the battle and now you know.

• Red permalink
      May 28, 2010 4:47 pm

WHAT?

• princess sophia permalink
      May 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Very good Sarah! It comes from ‘How to lose a guy in 10 days’. You were the first to notice. I can’t help but wonder how many people thought I was a woman. Notice I didn’t say lady. I’m 56 years old and have been married for 32 years and have three children all of which have grown up and served in the military. Something I didn’t do. I’ve done a lot of other things for my country though. Most of those things I’ll never speak of openly, but the right people do know, because I was working with them.

By the way Sarah…wasn’t that an awesome movie? I mean really? I bought a copy I liked it so much.

Have a nice weekend.

• Sarah permalink
        May 28, 2010 5:02 pm

I am a little slow sometimes but I thought that there may be a joke in there somewhere.
        You have a great weekend as well.

12. Mississippi Elitist permalink
    May 28, 2010 5:08 pm

I must go home now. I have payed everyone and they have left me here all alone.
    May God Bless you all with a safe and happy holiday.
    This is the Mississippi Elitist signing off for a long weekend….or at least until TPLII gets out of control agian!

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
      May 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Good bless ME. I am still here – needed to get my food for the weekend – will be glued until Tuesday. I don’t know what to do with myself if you all are gone!

• princess sophia permalink
        May 28, 2010 5:41 pm

I’ll be here from time to time. Go and push your candidate unless you are a liberal. If you’re a liberal you’re doing exactly what you should be doing.

13. mspolitics82 permalink
    May 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Joe Tegerdine will be a guest on WLOX television this Saturday night! Steven Palazzo was invited to join Joe, but, according to WLOX officials, as of deadline day, his campaign did not respond to the invitation.

14. May 29, 2010 9:24 am

Palazzo and Tegerdine had profiles in the Sun Herald yesterday:

SP- http://www.sunherald.com/2010/05/27/2216232/war-vet-palazzo-battles-dems-coast.html

JT- http://www.sunherald.com/2010/05/27/2216234/tegerdine-pledges-to-battle-big.html

• mspolitics82 permalink
      May 30, 2010 12:13 am

On the WLOX show tonight, David Elliot, the host, stressed on two separate occassions that Palazzo declined to join Tegerdine on the program. Rumor has finally been dispelled by the host himself.

15. Dontreadonme permalink
    May 29, 2010 9:45 am

If I were Palazzo I would take on Tegerdine. I would have fun.

16. princess sophia permalink
    May 29, 2010 12:23 pm

I wasn’t sure whether Palazzo had a learning curve or not, but he has learned something don’t read on me…he aint gonna debate Joe again. He just gets creamed.

17. Dontreadonme permalink
    May 29, 2010 10:12 pm

I hope he debates better than his Bloggers. You all don’t know the issues at all. Went to Biloxi town green, where was everyone. I saw a huge tent with nobody around.

• Johnny Boy permalink
      May 31, 2010 1:51 am

Um, I counted 144 people ding dong. 144 people on a Memorial weekend is a decent turnout. You and your issues again, huh? I’ve asked you on several blogs, what issues do you want to discuss? Immigration, the economy, trade, the oil spill, the fact that you can’t spell? Tell me friend and I’d be happy to discuss them with you.

• Dontreadonme permalink
        May 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Try reading the spelling rules. You only double the T when it follows an a, e, i, o, u, and sometimes y when it sounds like an i. Stop making yourself look stupid. 144 people in the center of Biloxi, that is all that stopped by, over a span of 5 hrs on the Biloxi Town Green? Looks like the air is deflatting (:double the T after a vowel:) out of the Tegerdine camp.

May 31, 2010 12:48 pm

thththththththththanks,i ststststststsststststststsstutter

• Dontreadonme permalink
            May 31, 2010 1:22 pm

It will be O.K.

18. princess sophia permalink
    May 30, 2010 10:22 am

The rest of the career politicians have also been trying really hard to not see us. Were you the wino that limped by us or the guy that skipped by in the pink tutu? Or were you the Palazzo sign down the street? That was the only Palazzo sign I saw all day. His reach is mighty.

• LimaBean permalink
      May 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Well I guess our spirited textual sparring is coming to an end. Wednesday I think (hope) most of us will be on the same side. I must admidt it has been fun to read and inspite trading jabs (even if some of them were below the belt) I look forward to working with my JT comrades toward a common goal. Good luck on Tuesday.

• princess sophia permalink
        May 30, 2010 4:49 pm

At least you realize you’re going to have to work with us. It is nice to see someone lose and still have a trace of civility in them. It just makes me want to give you a great big happy happy hug. LOL
        I will be happy when this part is over with though.

• mspolitics82 permalink
        May 31, 2010 12:47 am

Hey, LB, was that a “win or lose” spirit I just read in that comment about working with your JT comrades? I sure hope so. Coz that is what it’s gonna take to beat Taylor.

• LimaBean permalink
          May 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Yes mspolitics82 you read correctly. We have to come together regardless. I will do my part even if my guy falls short and I hope y’all will do the same if given the same fate.

19. May 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Clarion Ledger primary endorsements- http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100530/OPINION01/5300316/Endorsements-June-1-primaries

• mspolitics82 permalink
      May 31, 2010 12:44 am

Did I miss something, or was there no endorsement in the 4th District? What does that say, if anything about the “incumbent” office holder? But, then, again, what does it say when you get the endorsement of the Clarion Ledger?

20. May 30, 2010 1:37 pm

From the Clarion Ledger- Miss. election forecast: Apathy http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100530/NEWS0103/5300361/Miss.+election+forecast+++Apathy+

I agree…..

21. May 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Apparently Numbers USA sent out an email on the MS04 race over the weekend and listed Palazzo as a ‘true reformer.’ I am guessing that is based of the responses here- https://www.numbersusa.com/content/elections/races/house-election/2010-mississippi-4th-district-primary.html

Tegerdine- as you can see- has no responses to the questions and said that he never received the questionarre. “For all of you who received an email from Numbers USA regarding their ‘reform candidate,’… I never received their vetting letter and their timing of sending their email to push my opponent is suspect!,” Tegerdine said.

Link- http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=131179006897183&id=98027012610

• princess sophia permalink
      May 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Typical sleeze politics. Wait till you see how much it energizes the supporters. This is the type of thing that people are fed up with. I hope they printed that silly thing with recycled electrons and photons. They should change their name to membersusa.com instead. I’ll bet they’re right next door to the place where Palazzo had the Mississippi voter attitude survey done.

• princess sophia permalink
        May 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Yup just a hop skip and a jump up Jefferson Davis Hwy. in Arlington. What an amazing coincidence.
        Tarrance Group‎ 201 North Union Street, Alexandria, VA‎ – (703) 684-6688‎
        Did you mispell the name of the company that did the voter survey for Palazzo by accident? Made it a little more difficult to find.

Numbersusa.com is at 1601 N Kent St, Suite 1100, Arlington, VA 22209

• LimaBean permalink
          May 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Not everything is a conspiracy PS. Just about every political organization in the US has an office within 20 miles of their office. That is part of the “beltway.”

The new Republican Majority fund, The ISA group behavioral science researchers, Psychemedics corp that performs drug testing, and too many law firms to count all share the same building with the Terrance Group so yes it must be a CIA front operation and a plot to defeat Joe Tegerdine. lol C’mon you guys can’t be serious.

numbersusa will often endorse more than 1 candidate per race. They don’t care about the candidates they care about immigration issues. There was no doubt a screw up somewhere. It happens. Instead of whining about it you would think that JT would be more proactive. Just saying. BTW they didn’t even profile the CD1 race probably because nobody bothered to send in the questionaire.

• princess sophia permalink
            May 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Let’s seeeeee here… It was about 36 years ago and I lived in Gaithersburgh Maryland and dated a young lady who’s father was an analyst for the CIA. I was working at Solarex at the time.
            Just a short while prior to that? I knew Lieutenant Colonel John Paul Vann. I was best friends with his son Pete. I wrote a series of columns about all of that under the name of R. A. Hawkins…mostly because that’s my name. http://www.etherzone.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl?Realm=All&Match=1&Terms=r%20a%20hawkins&maxhits=25&Rank=26
            I never really was one for buying into conspiricy. I’ve appeared to because I thought it was amusing, but never really bought into it.
            Back to knowing that JPV guy…I got a view of the world and how it really works that would make bed wetters out of most of us.
            There’s an old Austrian politician who said a lot of interesting things. I never can remember his name though. What he said that applies to this is quite applicable. “Never use malice to account for something that can be explained away by simple incompetance.”
            The guy that taught me that quote was a Vietnam vet that died a few years back. He was the first person from work that visited me after Katrina.
            I’ll never forget that either.
            In regards to the whole thing and politics in general. Ablahi Akhbar! Or idiocy is great.
            Go joe Tegerdine!!!!

• princess sophia permalink
            May 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Or as the T shirt said yesterday. Loved it too….SITH happens!

• LimaBean permalink
            May 30, 2010 7:11 pm

You are an interesting fellow.

• princess sophia permalink
            May 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Group hug. If nothing else it will be interesting and provide everyone with an eye towards what’s right and wrong a chance to see where we’re really headed. Woah dude! LOL Hang ten homie! Ride that wave.

22. Johnny Boy permalink
    May 31, 2010 1:55 am

Here’s a link to Joe Tegerdine’s WLOX interview. I really DO appreciate Dave Elliot dispelling said rumors about Palazzo not being willing to show up with Tegerdine. Come one, SP, do you REALLY think you can actually beat Gene Taylor and the bulldogs in Washington D.C. when you’re refusing simple side by sides with Joe Tegerdine?? Pathetic!

• Dontreadonme permalink
      May 31, 2010 1:20 pm

Hypocrite, I cannot believe Tegerdine called himself a Christian when everyone knows he is a Morman. Then he holds up his Internationalism and support of Communist China as a cerdintal. Then tries to justify his connection with China by saying China is Mississippi’s largest trade partner. Daaaa, why do you think our economy is in shambles. The people that used to work for these companies that moved over seas are now on unemployment. There are not any jobs (that pays a living wage) to replace them. The people that do work, have to pay for those that are not working. So, the cycle continues Tax me, to pay the unemployed workers welfare. Who lost his job because the company moved to Child labor in China. So, Joe Tegerdine can get his merchandise for cheap and sale for a LLLLarge profit. Then hire a good CPA to avoid paying taxes. I can not believe anyone in the Tea Party Movement could support this kind of stuff. Palazzo should have used WLOX as a chance to expose him. I guess Palazzo does not want to upset Tegerdine voters right before the Primary.

May 31, 2010 1:34 pm

modern day mainstream Mormons ARE Christians– they just believe that a 19 yr old nitwit by the name of joseph Smith,went out into the woods and received golden tablets from the Angel Moroni–which have never been disclosed-
        we all know of course joey was just smoking something he bought off the local indians,still—mormons are ok folks–who love America-

• Dontreadonme permalink
          May 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Being good does not get you to heaven. I never said they were not good americans. I only said “they are not Christians”. A person has to make the heart felt commitment to Jesus the Christ as the one and only Son of God. If a person claims him to be anything less, then the peson can not call themselves a Christian. Call yourself a Mormon or Muslem, whatever. When I see sombody deliberatly misled the people. I am reminded. Why I am fighting politicans.

• princess sophia permalink
            May 31, 2010 3:55 pm

When I see someone step on their own knuckle regularly and mangle the language that is supposed to be theirs, I just try to be a good Christian and pat them on their pointy little head as they gimp their way by whilst drooling on their shirt. I can assure you that everything that needs to be noted about you has been duly noted. LMAO You’re a Taylor supporter aren’t you?

• Dontreadonme permalink
            May 31, 2010 8:54 pm

I will decide who to vote for Tuesday.

• travis permalink
        June 1, 2010 4:48 pm

Mormonism! there that’s the issue of yours that’s begging to be scratched. Mormonism and China. These are SP talking points, and why he wouldn’t debate Joe. If SP were to win today, someone needs to help with talking points against Gene, he’s lacking there too.

p.s. I still think you are Steven.

• Dontreadonme permalink
          June 1, 2010 10:08 pm

Do not forget the National Sales Tax. I think that sank the ship. Palazzo would not even bring up the National Sales Tax. Tegerdine killed himself with the mudslinging and slanders. Plus he only talked about two issues immigration and Government Growth. They are important issues. He did not address the local issues which made him look like he did not know the local issues. If he wins tonight he must address the local issues in November.

23. Johnny Boy permalink
    May 31, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Joe Tegerdine’s WLOX interview. I really DO appreciate Dave Elliot spelling it out that Palazzo was not willing to show up with Tegerdine. Come one, SP, do you REALLY think you can actually beat Gene Taylor and the bulldogs in Washington D.C. when you’re refusing simple side by sides with Joe Tegerdine?? Pathetic!

24. marmie permalink
    May 31, 2010 8:27 am

The GOP Primary is tomorrow and everyone in my Patriot group has been working for his candidate to win. The really interesting thing is that we are not all for the same candidate! We plan to watch election returns together on Tuesday night and then go to our regular Wed. night meeting to start working for the winner. Joe, our leader, has made it a positive environment by focusing on getting the job done rather than petty little digs about the other candidates. We will finish Tuesday standing on Goodman Road holding Vote Today signs and of course Ross and Nunnelee signs. I am sorry many of you are not a part of a group like ours, it helps to keep the goal in perspective when you are friends with people who don’t see things identically the wasy you do. Thanks Joe Dirt, Go vote Nunnelee!!

• Red permalink
      May 31, 2010 11:55 am

There are no friends in politics.

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
        May 31, 2010 1:08 pm

Red, I hope you truly do not feel that way. It is stimulating and interesting to debate the political issues but in most cases that only draws you that person. I hope you have many friends and that some of them disagree with your political ideas. That disagreement is just what will make you a friend. We all learn from each other. Hold out your hand in friendship and debate. You will make the best friends that way. God bless you Red.

May 31, 2010 1:10 pm

are you being good today just because its a holliday?
          or because you love us?

rofl

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
            May 31, 2010 1:12 pm

No, I am feeling sad because it is Memorial Day.

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
            May 31, 2010 1:19 pm

I am an old man Grizz and sometimes I have trouble understanding your “in with it” letters. I will be happy to retire as the sites bad boy and let you have it.

May 31, 2010 1:28 pm

thx,i am a good attack dog-but,2 busy on USA Militia–did you know that israel has sent 3 Dolphin Class Nuclear Subs w/ suspected Nuclear Cruise missles to park deep off the iranian Coast? -true- hhmmmmm

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
            May 31, 2010 4:37 pm

Grizz, That is scary. What is more scary is that I am afraid Obama will not support Isreal. That means we are in real trouble.

May 31, 2010 5:31 pm

if he tried that,it would be the spark of a bloodless military coup in this country–he would be removed from office–

May 31, 2010 5:32 pm

the link is on my facebook–

• Sarah permalink
      May 31, 2010 12:48 pm

Marmie, you folks must be drink that free bubble love and eating that rainbow stew up there.
      Are yall going to have a group hug after McGlowan wins?
      I noticed that you left her out when you were talking about people holding signs for Nunnelee and Ross.

• marmie permalink
        May 31, 2010 4:01 pm

leaving her out was not by accident.

• marmie permalink
        May 31, 2010 4:20 pm

arah, I am a 60′s gal, but not drinking anymore koolaid. Just thought we could sing a few bars of Kumbayah. You can group hug if you want to.

25. marmie permalink
    May 31, 2010 8:29 am

Fire Tarvis, to fire Pelosi!!

26. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    May 31, 2010 1:02 pm

OK everybody tomorrow is the day. Get out and vote. Many of our men and women have died so that we can be free. Free to vote and choose our leaders. There is too much apathy in our country today. We all have it too easy and we sit back and wait for the government to solve all our problems. As unemployment rises, businesses fail, taxes increase, and our entitlement programs bankrupt, we look around and say “how did this happen?”. It started the day that we did not pay attention to what was going on. It started the day that we found political speeches boring and thought it was more fun to watch a movie. WAKE UP!!!!!! Go Vote tomorrow. I hope it will be for Henry Ross but vote for someone. Be proud to be an American and exercise your right and your freedom or you just might loose it.

May 31, 2010 1:09 pm

i wonder which GOP Candidate will TARVIS vote for?

• marmie permalink
        May 31, 2010 5:52 pm

Grizz, what is your update on the Corinth Tea Party Saturday? Did any candidates make any last minute revelations?

May 31, 2010 6:25 pm

no-same old crap–mcglowan was late getting there, –ross was even later–but——— many many went to wally pangs tent and met him-told him if ross lost,they would vote for him in the general–saw a few by gail giamaritas tent also–small crowd–school out plus holiday wknd i guess–wally took kid & i out to late lunch–that was decent of him-

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
            May 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Looks like I did not miss much then.

• Red permalink
            May 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Grizz,

What is Wally Pang’s position on immigration?

May 31, 2010 7:39 pm

in his speach to the crowd,he called not only for Arizona type law in Ms.,–but to HALT ALL IMMIGRATION ” UNTIL WE GET THIS MESS STRAIGHTENED OUT”

• Red permalink
            May 31, 2010 9:18 pm

Good answer! I agree with the halt until things are straightened out in that area as well. Thanks for the answer.

May 31, 2010 9:37 pm

hey look ole wally got ALOT of applause lol–he said he would stay 2 term and come home–called for term limits,said he was beholding to no one but his electors and the constitution,and said time for all RINO’S to be retired lol
            bashed nancy & harry real good haha

• marmie permalink
            May 31, 2010 10:08 pm

I think that average citizen has become disillusioned with the TeaParty. Too many chiefs and not enough indians.

• Frank Lee permalink
            June 1, 2010 2:15 pm

Marmie you hit the nail on the head. Tea Party is going down the road to distruction in many areas because of this.

27. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    May 31, 2010 1:11 pm

I heard he is doing a write in for himself!

28. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    May 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Sorry Grizz, I am not on facebook.