Tegerdine Won’t Publicly Endorse Palazzo

June 3, 2010
tags: 2010 House, Joe Tegerdine, MS-04, Steven Palazzo

Joe Tegerdine broke his period of silence after Tuesday’s election with a post on his campaign blog. You can read his entry in its entirety here.

- Tegederine noted that he called Steven Palazzo on Tuesday night to congratulate him and wish him luck. The two spoke Wednesday morning.

- He said that on the campaign trail he would support Palazzo after the primary providing “there was nothing in his conduct that would prevent me from doing so.” He then goes on to say that he will make his decision over the next few weeks, but not discuss it publicly, adding, “I do not feel compelled to share my position on the matter.”

- Tegerdine seems to keep open the door for future runs in a couple statements. He says, “Grassroots takes time to build and this small setback will not stop us from continuing forward to engage people in the process and work to restore our voice at all levels of government. We will take a short break over the next few weeks and then discuss as a campaign how we can continue to grow our organization to mobilize and inspire people to get involved.”

- He said the agenda being driven by Nancy Pelosi “must be stopped,” adding that this “this cannot be accomplished without the majority shifting to the Republican Party, regardless of who the candidates are.”

This makes two of the three primary candidates who came up short basically refusing to support the Republican nominee, while a third is waiting an awfully long time to concede.

1. princess sophia permalink
    June 3, 2010 8:23 pm

There may just be a reason that isn’t on your screen. This gets better each and every day.

• Reality permalink
      June 4, 2010 8:38 am

Tegerdine isn’t taking the high road. What is happening is that he has nothing on Palazzo, but he wants to make subtle hints indicating that he does, because he is butt hurt about getting walloped by the true man of the people.

Palazzo is a man of outstanding character, and it kills Tegerdine that the people agree!

If he were truly taking the high road, he would stand by his word and endorse the guy who whooped him. Instead he wants to play politics and take veiled shots at Palazzo and position himself to run again in 2 years instead of focusing on removing Gene this year.

• princess sophia permalink
        June 5, 2010 6:41 am

He’s not taking veiled shots at Palazzo. He has something that’s apparently alien to you. He has a set of values that unlike Steves aren’t ever changing values based on what he can get. To me that’s the issue. I can’t take Steve at his word now. I won’t endorse him either. It sure does look like Taylors people liked him though. You’ll understand when they switch back to D when they pull the lever though. It’s just politics you know.

And for the record we were focusing on taking Gene out. You weren’t though. I refuse to replace him with somone I suspect is much worse.

2. Scott permalink
    June 3, 2010 8:53 pm

Joe doesn’t say he won’t endorse, just that he will need to vet the candidates first. Once again, Joe takes the high road and does not elaborate on why there may be some question as to why he would not support Palazzo. Candidates in the past would probably share the laundry list, but Joe keeps it to himself instead of throwing mud. Very respectable.

• June 3, 2010 10:12 pm

He said he would not make public who he plans to vote for- hence the title: Tegerdine Won’t Publicly Endorse Palazzo

• mspolitics82 permalink
        June 3, 2010 11:04 pm

Technically, it really ain’t nobody’s bitnezzz…..most blog owners and elected officials usually stay
        neutral during the primary….I did say “usually”…..and afterwards, elected officials are free to
        say or not say what they want about the nominee. Technically, Tegerdine and the other candidates are not elected officials and have no obligation whatsoever to say anything about the future.With so many things that could be said by Tegerdine, it may be best that he not say anything negative. Some may see that in itself as negative, but knowing what I know as fact about some of the things that happened in this primary, I see his move as “gentlemanly”. Now, I am sure some of you will make hay of that, but go ahead, don’t bother
        me, coz I know the truth. Besides, the way that some people (especially some who are Republican county leaders and a few who hold public office as Republicans) treated Tegerdine (as not “one of us”), I
        am surprised that anyone who was for Palazzo would even think Tegerdine’s endorsement is important.

3. Jim permalink
    June 3, 2010 10:09 pm

I voted for Joe not because I drank his kool-aid, but because I thought he was the man he said he was. I personally feel betrayed. Maybe my sister was right when she said that Joe was ego driven, self centered guy from Oregon who came to MS because he thought Mississippians were dumb enough to elect him.

Joe – if you are reading this, I really thought you were a man of integrity, and that you cared about MS. Right now, I feel like you only care about yourself. This race was never about you or Plazzo. It has always been about beating Gene Taylor. I supported you because I thought you were a good man, reading that email you sent today, I am not so sure.

If you don’t support Plazzo like you said you would, I will never be supporting you again for anything.

• mspolitics82 permalink
      June 3, 2010 11:15 pm

Jim, I can understand, to some degree, your feelings. But, knowing what I know about at least 3 things that occurred during this primary, I must ask you to try to be understanding of Joe’s position at this point and ask you to please not let your feelings get out of sorts just yet. I will tell you that I have been a Republican voter for a long, long time, and I have never been as disillusioned about an election and/or candidate as I have this time. Now, I know some people are saying, “put up or shut up”, and I just say, because Joe told some of us who were closest to his campaign that he wanted to take the high road and not be part of scandal, then I too, will honor his request. But, I believe, if some things had happened to you, and you/your character had been misrepresented in the name of “just politics”, you may find it very difficult to be excited about endorsing someone who was responsible for the actions…and believe me, that’s just part of it.

So, please understand, it ain’t that simple.

• Jim permalink
        June 4, 2010 12:26 am

It is that simple. I’m sure for every “thing” that occurred to make Joe mad, there was some “thing” that occurred on the other side to make them mad. I know when my mother-in-law and I fight there is always a “thing” that caused one of us to get set off. The fact of the matter is that Plazzo was voted to be the nominee. We have got to get behind him to beat Gene Taylor.

If Joe and you can’t understand that, it says a lot about personal feelings about losing. All you are doing by carrying over your hatred for Plazzo his making Gene stronger. I’m upset that joe didn’t win, I voted for him. But now is the time to support the Plazzo who did win. He is the only guy who can beat Gene now that joe is out.

It’s tough to lose an election. I voted and physically supported other who have, and it hurt me personally, but I knew that in the end we had to come together and support the best candidate after the primary. It is politics, and if people don’t understand that, they need to learn or go back to just showing up and voting at the polls.

We tried with Joe, We made a lot of ground, We engaged South MS, and now We have to beat Gene Taylor. If you dont agree, I think you were in it for the wrong reasons.

• princess sophia permalink
          June 5, 2010 6:46 am

That’s really pathetic. I bet you’ll listen to your sister next time right? Typical Palazzo supporter your sister has a set and you don’t. You were always a Palazzo supporter. Nice try.

• Reality permalink
        June 4, 2010 8:42 am

Hate to break it to you, but constantly referring to “3 things that happened” without any proof, in some sort of cloak and dagger manner isn’t “taking the high road”.

It screams of thinly veiled mudslinging from a camp of sore losers that don’t have anything of substance, so they have to resort to thinly veiled and secretive references hoping to play on peoples imaginations.

• mspolitics82 permalink
          June 4, 2010 12:32 pm

The 3 things have been named on this blogsite before…not that long ago…..and there is proof for each one of them….one on Palazzo’s Facebook, one on YouTube, and one on the medium that Phil Bryant chose to use. So, you see, (nah, you probably don’t) these 3 things to which I referred are not “thinly veiled”, nor “secretive”, nor “mudslinging”…they actually happened, like it or not. As a side note: there is a 4th one that is on camera, but was not released (at Tegerdine’s request) to the public by the person who taped it—of course, you don’t believe it if you haven’t or can’t see it.

• Reality permalink
            June 4, 2010 5:32 pm

LOL… something that happened on video tape that was not released and no one can see.

Sounds credible alright.

LOL!

The tegerdine camp never ceases to amaze me.

4. travis permalink
    June 3, 2010 10:24 pm

Why does this matter, does the loser in a race that you call a landslide really need to endorse the winner?
    Isn’t it Steven Palazzo’s job to sell himself to Mississippians? Apparently it is the Bryant endorsement that matters, not the Tegerdine one.

• Dontreadonme permalink
      June 4, 2010 12:46 am

Yes! It also embarasses the Tax Day Tea Party Movement. It now seperates the wheat from the weeds in the Tea Party Movement. This proves the point that Joe don’t know Mississippi politics.

• princess sophia permalink
        June 5, 2010 6:49 am

The only point you’ve made during this entire thing is on the top of your head.

5. Matt permalink
    June 4, 2010 12:51 am

Terrible move by Tegerdine. During primary I thought sometimes that Palazzo lacked class for going on and on about Tegerdine not being a real Mississippian. But this shows a lack of class on Tegerdine’s part. Yes, Tegerdine may be a conservative-before-Republican kind of guy, but he chose to play ball in the GOP primary. You can be an outsider anti-establishment guy like Joe and still follow basic decorum in politics: you endorse your opponent after the primary is over. End of story. Obviously Joe doesn’t want to have any future in the MSGOP. If he played his cards right then maybe he could have gotten elected to something in Forrest County–either a local elected gig or a role in the local party. Build from there. But this is not the way to start.

• mspolitics82 permalink
      June 4, 2010 11:50 am

Matt, if there was one thing that drew me to vote for Joe Tegerdine more than anything, it was the fact that he WAS NOT looking for a future in politics. If the MSGOP or its leaders don’t want quality candidates in the future, whether it’s Joe Tegerdine or someone else, then that is THEIR choice. But, I have never known them to disallow or to welcome even a DEMOCRAT to come “under their big tent”….that’s why it appalled me when Phil Bryant chose to ostracize Joe Tegerdine and his supporters with his comments about Palazzo being “one of us” and implying Tegerdine was NOT “one of us”….and for you or anyone to expect it to be such an easy “transition” after those remarks is a little puzzling to me.

• princess sophia permalink
      June 5, 2010 6:54 am

And that Matt is how you end up with people like John McCain running for President. You keep playing the party first game. I liked what one person said not long ago about the illusion of the big tent party. “It’s more like a cheap carnival where nobody wins now.”
      If one just keeps pulling the lever and voting for the person with an R next to their name and hasn’t a clue about that individuals values, that person is a useless loser who understands nothing. They are part of the problem and so is your thinking.

6. princess sophia permalink
    June 4, 2010 5:53 am

It’s amusing to read all of this lame analysis on here today. The gloating will be gone after the next election. During the next election the democrats will be voting for gene taylor not palazzo. The next election is where the rubber meets the road and in this case you’re all moving so fast it will be more like… Sometimes when the rubber meets the road so does your face.

7. Mike permalink
    June 4, 2010 5:55 am

Joe was right. His campaign was always about electing a citizen leader and not a career politician backed by the GOP establishment. The problems we have in this country won’t be solved by the establishment… on either side of the aisle.

His final statement is a commitment to that philosophy. He is willing to give up a future with the MSGOP, maybe because he doesn’t think that they represent the type of government we need. Joe chose not to ‘play politics’… something he always railed against.

This wasn’t about defeating Gene Taylor…. it was about defeating Gene Taylor with someone besides another Gene Taylor.

Everyone will have their own opinion on this matter. Either way, Joe made a decision he could live with. You can make your own decision as well.

Brett, thanks for hosting these articles I’ve enjoyed it and hope to follow your blog. You do an excellent job.

As for everyone else… thanks for chiming in along the way. I’ve enjoyed it. Mississippi has been my home all my life. I was raised with some old fashioned values. Our country, and ever our state, has changed more than we realize. If we are to change things then people like you and I have to run, and win. Otherwise nothing will ever change. However, the first thing you have to do… is see things for what they are… not as you want them to be… and that is a difficult thing to do.

God bless everyone here!

• Dontreadonme permalink
      June 4, 2010 7:36 am

Do you realize the difference between Joe Tegerdine and Shawan O Hara. Joe is a Republican. If he does not openly endorse the Republican choice he will become a new Shawan O Hara. Never run in the same race or with the same party twice.

• Mike permalink
        June 5, 2010 5:49 am

I will pay you to shut up

• princess sophia permalink
          June 5, 2010 6:58 am

This one isn’t interested in money. You know how some priests take a vow of poverty? I think this one’s also taken a vow of stupidity.

8. princess sophia permalink
    June 4, 2010 8:05 am

Well said Mike! It’s been really interesting to say the least.

Brett it’s been fun watching you try and fail to hide your bias towards Steven. We’re all biased one way or another so who cares? I mean really it wasn’t a problem for me. I used to be a columnist so I do know how that works. I will say that like Mike I agree with Joe not endorsing Palazzo. There’s nothing about him that I agree with especially his voting record. The voting record is a record of the true ideology and I just can’t behind this guy.

I walk away from this not with hurt feelings because this is just the way politics works, I actually walk away a lot smarter than either side of the aisle wants me to be. I thank both sides of the aisle for the brief education.

Now…regarding the MSGOP, it did not defeat Joe Tegerdine. It defeated itself as will be seen in the next election. They had a chance to beat Taylor with a candidate Taylor was truly fearing and now they have a guy that cross voting democrats got to pick. The MSGOP wasn’t the only group calling in it’s markers. The MSGOP have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. All that’s left for me is an education and a lot of laughter come November.

As the younger McPhail would say MSGOP is the problem. It has lowered the bar on it’s requirements so as to make it a tripping hazzard and will suffer a whithering defeat.

Dontreadonme it was funny watching you show you were a taylor supporter as you started to go after Palazzos voting record. All of that had to change the moment Tegerdine issued a statement. You had to suddenly align with the upcoming MSGOP loser again. LMAO Much more is revealing itself right now than most people think. I feel like I’m watching a bunch of political crash dummies right now.

My the way Jim. What a whiner. LOL I can tell which camp you were really with.

God bless and see you around.

• Dontreadonme permalink
      June 4, 2010 5:06 pm

I only call it like I see it. Don’t get down, just let your voice be heard.

9. Doug permalink
    June 4, 2010 10:03 am

What the heck difference does it make if Tegerdine endorses Palazzo or not. I wouldn’t support Palazzo just on Tegerdine’s say so anyway. Palazzo was elected by the people, if he is what he says he is then the people should get behind him. Be an informed voter and make your own decision. To hell with political decorum we are past all that nonsense. There’s a communist in the White House and the fate of our country and our freedom is at stake.

• Wayne permalink
      June 4, 2010 3:33 pm

Well said Doug. If my candidate , Palazzo had lost I would have been disappointed , but the race was Not about me! Reading some of this makes me never want to go to another Tea Party Meeting ! How long does sour grapes last? I said nothing about Joe that was not known to be true at any time. He may be a super person , but we chose not to support him ! If he had won, I would have had No choice but to support him . I dislike none of you , but I think it would benefit you to read what you are writing. We are all better than some of this!

10. Liberty permalink
    June 4, 2010 10:29 am

Well said Doug.

11. Dan Lindsay permalink
    June 4, 2010 1:45 pm

As a member of the “Tea Party” and 9/12 groups I admit that I have been embarrassed. I was really stupid. I came from the North and up there we don’t trust anyone until we have known them for quite a while. Well, I am now in the South and have been for 31 years and I am still not “one of us”. I thought I could go by the Southern adage that I can trust someone until they give me reason not to do so. I trusted the republican party and its candidates to play on an even playing field. I trusted those who spoke to us saying they were supporters of our group and our ideals. Boy, was I stupid! Never again will I believe someone at face value because the people I have seen in Mississippi politics seems to have faces to fit all occasions. The only saving grace for the political landscape to change was in Joe Tegerdine. He was honest and was open and forced us all to take the high road even when he was being embarrassed by lies and innuendos. He tried so hard to preserve the dignity of the election and you “Good Old Boys” threw your most “shining star” out with the bath water because he is not one of you. You don’t deserve Joe Tegerdine in the Repulican Party. In reflection, I am glad that Steven won the election. The MSGOP wanted him, they got him, he is one of you, and you deserve him. I am embarrased today but will not share in the MSGOP’s embarrassment in November.

• Mississippi Elitist permalink
      June 4, 2010 3:41 pm

“He was honest and was open and forced US ALL TO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD even when he was being embarrassed by lies and innuendos.”
      Obviously you have not been reading what some of the blogforjoe people have been saying on this site for the last five months.
      I don’t think you can even see the high road from where some of these folks have been posting from.

• Dan Lindsay permalink
        June 4, 2010 4:09 pm

I know the difference between “turn the other cheek” and “third degree felony”.

12. Karen Daniel permalink
    June 4, 2010 3:05 pm

I so agree with what Dan Lindsey said. What I heard from the Republican machine during this campaign was the same old thing. Talking out of both sides of it’s mouth. Same as the Democrats. Well, I’m sick of it. Joe Tegerdine was a good, decent and honest candidate. And if he wants to think, pray, and consider his options and not make his decisions known about the candidate he’s going to back…that’s his business. The Republican party got what they wanted…now let them deal with it. I for one am going to go out there and try to find someone who will work for ME…one of “we the people”…not the “machine” who has all the money. That’s what has got us in the mess we are in now.

• Reality permalink
      June 4, 2010 5:46 pm

Joe Tegerdine….honest?

Really?

Before the election he said he would “support Palazzo after the primary providing there was nothing in his conduct that would prevent me from doing so.”

After he got trounced, he has decided not to publically endorse Palazzo.

Now, some say he is going back on his word.

Others are saying that he must have “found something in his conduct that prevented him from doing so.”

Of course, they also say he isn’t saying what he supposedly found, because it is unspoken and thinly veiled and secret and taking the high road.

In truth, he smacks of a sore loser who is more interested in his own future political career in 2 years rather than throwing his support behind a like minded but more qualified candidate who the people chose.

Simply put, I think Joe wants Gene to win, so that he can run against him again in a few years….rather than have to face an incumbent Palazzo in a few years on practically the same platform.

That’s selfish politics right there, folks. Right down to it’s decieiving little core.

When you come right down to it, if he really had wanted to take the high road, he would refrain from being a sore loser and he would have been quick to publically congratulate Palazzo and endorse him in the best efforts for ALL the people of Mississippi in defeating Gene in november.

But Joe T isn’t concerned about the best interestes of all Mississippians. He is only concerned with himself and trying to save face on the heels of his crushing defeat by blaming it on a plethora of excuses.

• mspolitics82 permalink
        June 5, 2010 12:52 am

Reality, why don’t you accept reality. Palazzo DID have some issues along the way that threw up some questions of character. Let me get specific so even you can see…however, I must say that so far you have not seen much of the truth that has been mentioned. Some of this is repeat, so hopefully you will get it the 2nd time around. Now, please understand these are FACTS..but I know because YOU did not witness them that might be a problem for you, but so be it.

1st issue—Palazzo said Tegerdine works for a foreign company…that is not true, he works for a Hattiesburg, MS company and has done so for several years, even BEFORE moving to Mississippi. Palazzo has not acknowledged his mistake and said that was just “politics”. If you, or anyone publicly lied about me, and then made light of it, and did not apologize, then I am not going to have a lot of respect for you.

2nd issue—-Palazzo used the name of one of his former colleagues in the legislature on FACEBOOK to apparently conjure up the idea that the man was supporting him, when reality was the man had been helping Tegerdine from the very start. There just happened to be another man in the same town with the same name that hardly anyone knew, but it gave the impression that former legislator was supporting Steven. Why did Palazzo allow that to happen…what benefit was there other than possibly insulting his former colleague and appearing to be deceitful in his intent. To this date, there has been no apology to his colleague, unless it happened earlier today and I don’t know about it, yet. The problem there——the deceitful action….an issue of character and proper ethics. Sure, some people would say, “that’s politics”.

3rd issue—-Palazzo kept referring to Joe as an outsider, not a real Mississippian. Now, if you want the support of your opponent and his people, you cannot treat him as an outcast him, try to ostracize him from the people as a valid Republican opponent, and then expect him to come running to your side after the election. That is what some people think should happen, and it just doesn’t work that way. As I said in another post, you don’t slap your neighbor today and expect them to be ready to come to supper at your house in a few days.
        Sure, some people would say “that’s politics”.

4th issue—-(Not a character issue, but just as important, a constitutional issue that questions what he might do in D.C.)—-Palazzo voted twice in the Ms. Legislature to okay the taking of private land for economic development use. That’s a pretty big issue for someone who wants to go represent our best interest in Washington, D.C. and stand up for Constitutional principles. All Palazzo needs to do is say, “I messed up, and explain why he felt the need to vote that way….after all he was in the very, very, very slim minority of legislators who voted that way (I think only 4 each time) What’s wrong with a public servant saying,
        “I goofed” ? Sure, some would say, “that’s politics”.

5th issue—-this is the one in which the video has not been made public, so I am sure to you, Reality, it doesn’t exist. It involves, and I will be general, Palazzo’s campaign manager doing something that was in very poor taste and not good ethical judgement, and yet, Palazzo has kept him on staff, unless something has happened since Election Day. That speaks to Palazzo’s judgement as well….but THAT is something that can be remedied very quickly by Palazzo if he would only do it. Sure, some would say, “that’s politics”.

So, there you are, some of the things that I would guess are standing as obstacles to Tegerdine and some of his supporters jumping the hurdles to go over to Palazzo’s team. Yes, some would say, “that’s politics”, but that is what many people, like those who supported Tegerdine, are so very, very tired of—POLITICS. We want someone in Washington who doesn’t “play politics as usual”….we’ve got that now, why would we want it again?

• mspolitics82 permalink
          June 5, 2010 1:01 am

By the way, I forgot to ask the question, DO YOU THINK ANY OF THOSE ISSUES ARE ACCEPTABLE BY SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO BE YOUR CONGRESSMAN?? Do you think an attempt to correct these issue should be made? Does not any of those bother you just a little bit? If not, then it would seem you are willing to put anyone in office, just as long as they have an “R” after their name and as long as you think they can be Gene Taylor.

• mspolitics82 permalink
            June 5, 2010 1:02 am

“beat” Gene Taylor

• Reality permalink
          June 5, 2010 2:05 am

Of the issues you list, those that can substantiated aren’t issues of “character”, but mere differences of political opinion, or biased misrepresentations.

As for the one character issue you mention, the allegation of a video that exists that cannot be shown, this item is a categorically false accusation that was a last ditch effort by the tegerdine camp to try to produce a video to smear Steven.

The reason it isn’t being released is because it shows Palazzo’s campaign manager removing a tegerdine sign that was placed just minutes before on property owned by Palazzo. The person who trespassed to place the sign minutes earlier got Wells removing the sign on tape, but unfortunately for the tegerdine camp, the video also shows the address in the background, which is clearly identifiable.

That, my friend, is why the tape will not be released.

It’s much easier for tegerdine to smokescreen his loyal followers with a story about Wells removing campaign signs instead of showing any actual evidence, because in reality the video evidince would show that it was someone from the tegerdine camp trespassing on Palazzo property to plant signs with the express purpose of filming Palazzo staff removing them, in a sad and desperate last ditch attempt to smear Steven.

Believe me, brother, I got eyes and ears everywhere, and you can bet your last dollar that tegerdine was excited about the existence of the video when he first heard about it and chomping at the bit to go to the press, but after being shown the actual video evidence, it’s quite clear why he quickly wanted to “take the high road” and not address the video publically.

And you want to talk about Palazzo’s character?

Ha!

• princess sophia permalink
            June 5, 2010 7:30 am

“Next time tegerdine staff should be more careful not to get identifying landmarks and addresses in the background of their videos that expose their ploys for what they are….dirty ploys.

And you want to talk about Palazzo’s character?

Ha!”

You are such a moron. LMAO So this video has addresses in it too. What a moronic accusation for you to make Reality. This supposed set up involved let’s see now…someone from Tegerdines camp planting a sign on Palazzos property so they could get video of Wells removing the sign, but they inadvertantly got addresses too. How does a cam corder filming an act like this inadvertantly focus on an address? Oh wait that was addresses wasn’t it? That’s even more stupiderer. What a dolt. So explain to me how it happens that someone filiming this and making this totally awesome set up accidentally focuses on addresses too? Did they also take time to go down to an intersection and get the name of the street while they were at it? They would have filmed the license plate or was Wells riding a tricycle with no plates? If they had accidentally gotten addresses that could have been cut out and the video still used. As a matter of fact if Joe was the turd you claim him to be he could have had the video carefully modified and then youtubed, at a moment where you slow thinkers couldn’t possibly have reacted in time. It would have been damage done and that would be it. But that didn’t happen and you know why!

Yeah Reality let’s talk about his character and yours. It’s pretty obvious that you’re making it up as you go. Winging it so to speak. Consider your wings clipped!

I would also like to add that because of this, I’m sorely tempted to get video of you and anyone on Steve’s staff stealing Taylor signs now. If you think I’m the kind of person who would report it then you’re even more stupiderer LOL. I’ll use it. I’ll post it and refer to it every place I can. Now it’s personal!

13. O'Neal permalink
    June 5, 2010 1:41 am

I am now sorry I voted for Joe. I simply can not believe this nonsence. I thought he was above all of this petty childishness. His feelings are hurt so he is now going to give Taylor his seat back? He may as well have endorsed Taylor because that is what it amounts to. I trusted him. I wish I had not. I am still stunned that we lost to Palazzo. But we did.

• mspolitics82 permalink
      June 5, 2010 4:34 pm

Oneal….I regret you take it the way you do….I don’t think it’s hurt feelings at all….Joe was never the type to let hurt feelings get in the way of logical thought. It’s simply a matter of gotta get past some “character” issues and see if some of these can be worked through with the other Republican to get a better feeling of “can we trust him” to do the right thing. If we cannot trust him to not play political games during the primary, then it certainly conjures the question about can we trust him to do the right thing for the people after he gets elected. If we cannot trust him to protect our property rights in the Miss. House, then the question in conjured can we trust him with other Constitutional rights in the U.S. House.

I think some of us supporters are the ones that are dealing with the hurt feelings that we did not help Joe raise more money to get his message (like Palazzo did) out into the media so more people would have turned out to vote for the candidate we truly believe had a better chance of beating Gene Taylor—and we believed that because of the way Joe PERSONALLY conducted his campaign and because of Joe’s ability to think, reason, and speak with authority ON THE ISSUES, without the help and coaching of others.

That is all, quite simple….nothing about Joe’s hurt feelings…disappointment, yes….frustration, yes…. and all of those centering around what he would have done differently knowing what he knows now. Hurt feelings–no.

14. princess sophia permalink
    June 5, 2010 3:35 am

Thanks reality now I know who you are. What a dingleberry. Got your facts a little off but now I know. Having eyes and ears everywhere doesn’t help if your mouth is also there.

• Dontreadonme permalink
      June 5, 2010 8:17 am

I want to see the video.

• Reality permalink
        June 6, 2010 7:41 am

sophia, to answer your question, the address can be seen throughout the video in that a neighbors mailbox is in the frame the entire time in the background with the street number on it clear as day.

Apparently, the person shooting the video was so focused on his “mission”, he didn’t have the presence of mind to realize that background objects such as houses, mailboxes, etc are actually identifying landmarks that educated people can use to pinpoint locations.

And to answer your other question, sophia, the reason the tegerdine camp didn’t want the video released or push the issue publically is because it would have exposed them as both the fools and the dirty mudslingers that they are.

• Talons Equalizer permalink
          June 6, 2010 3:23 pm

Reality any educated person and even an uneducated person can clearly see who is not really laying it all out in the open here. You said addresses and now it’s suddenly only one address. How much more reinventing of your story is required now? The only consistant part of your message is that the Tegerdine camp are meanies who will stop at nothing to smear the sweet and Priestly Palazzo and his alterboys. Gimme a break. Like Princess Sophia said. “As a matter of fact if Joe was the turd you claim him to be he could have had the video carefully modified and then youtubed, at a moment where you slow thinkers couldn’t possibly have reacted in time. It would have been damage done and that would be it. But that didn’t happen and you know why!”

One other thing regarding the damage done scenario, I just quoted. Had it been a damage done game, you wouldn’t have had the time to refute or prove anything. Someone could have said that was actually their house, kind of like two siblings. The first one to rat is usually the first one to be believed for some strange reason. But you and I both know you’ve never seen the video. That much is obvious from the shifting story.

Princess Sophia where ever you are girl. I suspect they’ve managed to make a permanent enemy out of you and many others. I’ve read a lot of love in here and now I’m going to go outside, strip, roll through some poison ivy and then set my hair on fire with kerosene and see if I can put it out with gasoline. Wish me luck. WOW!