The Best The DCCC Has?

June 14, 2010
tags: 2010 House, Alan Nunnelee, DCCC, MS-01, Travis Childers

Here is the latest press release from the DCCC going after Alan Nunnelee on social security:

Over the last 48 hours, career politician and congressional candidate Alan Nunnelee (MS-01) made his intention to support Social Security privatization clearer with the first endorsements of his general election campaign from rivals who supported the Republican leadership’s plan for privatization. Previously, Nunnelee had been studying plans to privatize Social Security.

Nunnelee was endorsed today by former rival Angela McGlowan and yesterday by Henry Ross, both candidates who made a focus of their campaigns supporting the privatization of Social Security. Representative Travis Childers opposes privatization.

“Up till now, all Alan Nunnelee would admit is he’s begun studying whether seniors deserve their Social Security and whether he’ll privatize it, but now his first endorsements come from those who ran a campaign to back privatization plans,” said Jesse Ferguson, Southern Regional Press Secretary for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “The problem for Alan Nunnelee is that Mississippi seniors don’t agree.”

There is more at the link including their background on the issue. My first thought was that it clearly doesn’t take much to get a job at the DCCC. Either that or this is their best opposition research on Nunnelee and he doesn’t have to worry about much in the way of attacks. And if the Democrats would like to play guilt by association, we can go a long way with Travis Childers. The incumbent would want no part in that game, and chances are the DCCC doesn’t have a clue when it comes to Mississippi politics to realize that. On the bright side, the work from the DCCC makes the work opposition research from the Mississippi Democratic Party look extremely stellar.

My second thought is do Childers backers not realize how ignorant they look in referring to Nunnelee as a career politician? First, Jamie Franks used the label against Nunnelee and now the DCCC is. It is interesting to see Democrats steal conservative talking points, but the main question is what do they consider Childers? After all he works full time in Congress compared to Nunnelee’s part time work in the legislature. But the game of we’ll throw anything out there and see what sticks appears to be their strategy.

The funny thing is both Nunnelee and Childers are above this. Childers doesn’t need to play at this level and I doubt he does. But at the same time I imagine he doesn’t mind it; at least he has not said he does.

1. honesthank permalink
    June 14, 2010 10:30 am

What did Childres do before he went to DC. Was he not in some plus Gov. Elec. Job. where he worked everyday. The next Congressman from Dsit. 1 only works part time in Jackson doing a great job. Which one is a CAREER OBAMA, PELOSI, READ KISS BUTT POLICIATION? GOD FORGIVE ME I DID NOT MEAN TO CALL CHILDRES A LIBERAL HE ONLY HAS AN 85.7% VOTING RECORD WITH PELOSI SOMEONE WITH THAT KIND OF RECORD IS A CONSERVATION IN THE EYES OF LIBERALS IT TAKES SOMEONE LIKE BENNIE THOMPSON WITH A 100% VOTING RECORD TO BE A LIBERALIN THEIR EYES. They don’t know voting for these people that kill babies they are as guilty as they are for putting them in office for killing babies. (Bennie Thompson) Going to Church does not make you a Christian any more than going in you barn makes you a cow. You are guilty as charge for you actions. Babies killers.

2. Grizz permalink
    June 14, 2010 11:00 am

methinks many are turning to wally pang–time will tell,its early yet

• marmie permalink
      June 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Do you just hop from one candidate to another like the Easter Bunny? Why don’t you vet before you support ? Constantly switching does not make you credible .

• Grizz permalink
        June 14, 2010 5:10 pm

i could care less if you think i am credible,and,as an American citizen,( natural born,with a BC ,unlike one-) who is registered to vote,i will exercise my right to endorse,and vote for whom i choose–here ya go again,and it was SO peacefull in here too–and if i opined many are turning to a Candidate–so what? its aparantly true–as in Corinth,several came to Wally and Gails tent @ TEA party,and mentioned if henry lost,they would support one of them–guess none of them are credible either–however,i believe i DID publicaly state in here after primary,i would vote for Ms. Gail in general–not nunnelee–

• marmie permalink
          June 14, 2010 6:08 pm

That is where you and I differ, I want to defeat Childers and the Obama agenda, you apparently want to opine and endorse for your amusement. You might find like minded people on those peaceful and dead Tea Party sites.LOL

3. marmie permalink
    June 14, 2010 11:09 am

Turning to third party candidates will insure Tarvis of 2 more years in Washington. If this is what you want, keep it up. Third parties have a snowball’s chance in hades of winning in District one and will only help Childers.

• Frank Lee permalink
      June 14, 2010 11:40 am

One of the biggest problems that I have with the politicians in Washington now is that they seem to want to focus on there personal agenda and to hell with what is best for the people and the greater good. I have though a lot over the past week about this and I have come to the conclusion that although I have been a long time supporter of Les Green when I look at the big picture I am going to vote Nunnelee. I have to realize that my ultimate goal is to unseat Childers. I have come to the conclusion that if we are going to take back American politics we are going to have to do that on victory at a time. I feel that Mr. Nunnelee is a victory for Dist. 1. He is good man who has the best interest of the people of Dist. 1 at heart. I can’t help but notice the fact that while he has been in Jackson he has made some tough decisions that had to be made. While I may or may not agree with every decision he has made I will say that I think he did what he thought would be best for the people of Mississippi as a whole. That is more than I can say for the majority of people in DC right now. That is just my take on what we as conservatives need to do if we are sincere about getting Childers out this election cycle.

• Grizz permalink
      June 14, 2010 11:54 am

I THINK THATS WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT RAND PAUL AND SHARON ANGLE

• Frank Lee permalink
        June 14, 2010 12:52 pm

I am glad you brought Mr. Paul up because he is one of the main people who caused me to change my mind about how I cast my vote. As much as I like Les as a person he is not a Rand Paul. You have to realize that Rand Paul has some major advantage over any of the Ind. candidates in Dist 1.
        1. He has the GOP ticket backing him. I believe that some of the Independent candidates in Dist 1 would have made great GOP candidates. Then had they won the GOP nomination they would, like Paul, have the GOP money at there disposal.
        2. Rand Paul has grown up around politics. If you know how the system works you have an advantage. Why do you think encumbants get re-elected so much? Rand knows how the system works.
        3. Rand Paul ran his campaign on how some things needed to change in Washington. He made clear how he would see to those changes without bashing the GOP along the way. Bridges have not been burned.
        4. Mr. Paul has made himself into a viable candidate by walking the fine line that is anti-establishment/establishment. He is not a run of the mill Republican but he is in fact a Republican.
        Now as far as Mr. Nunnelee goes I would like to say that as much as we would like to think that we are the revolution we are not. We must asses where and how we can win our battles and let that lead to our ultimate victory in the war for taking OUR country back. If some of the crazy leftist liberals had ran for office forty years ago on the platforms they run on now they would have never won. They got to where they are gradually. Remember that the frog does not jump out of the pot if you increase the heat gradually. The liberal agenda is to divide and conquer slowly.
        Have you ever noticed how many Independent candidates there are that have liberal agendas?

• Grizz permalink
          June 14, 2010 12:58 pm

somewhat less than the dumbocruds i would bet

4. marmie permalink
    June 14, 2010 11:57 am

He has made tough decisions and he will continue to do what is right for Mississippians. Les Green is a good man, could you encourage him to run as a Republlican for a state position?

5. Sigmund Alexander permalink
    June 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Get them all out.

• marmie permalink
      June 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Have you ever heard the phase “don’t throw the baby out with the bath water?”

6. NoChilders permalink
    June 14, 2010 12:07 pm

The first thing Childers did for Mississippi was vote for Pelosi to lead the House. Guilt by association, lock Childers up!

7. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    June 14, 2010 3:03 pm

I think that Nunnelee has a tough road ahead. Childers will throw everything he has against him and articles like the one above are just a start. I personnally like Les Green and Wally Pang better than Alan Nunnelee and would prefer to vote for one of them but it would probably be a wasted vote unless more people get behind one of them. Does anyone remember what Nunnelee said on term limits. I am afraid once he gets into office he will be there forever. This comment may upset some of you but it is a concern. A republican incumbent is hard to get out of office because the party always supports them and will not support someone else in a primary unless the incumbent has really screwed up. Beat me up on it but it is something to think about.

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
      June 14, 2010 3:17 pm

The same would be said for the Democrat incumbent. As you see Travis has noone running against him in a primary. Democrats tend to make big mistakes from time to time and two terms seem to find them fighting the republicans and loosing in the next election. One good thing is that if Childers does get elected this go around it is doubtful that he would ever win in 2012 especially running with Obama on a Democratic ticket. I wish Mr. Nunnelee well and hope he beats Childers but it is in God’s hands and the people of Mississippi. Hopefully more than 8% of the population will show up to vote.

8. Dontreadonme permalink
    June 14, 2010 3:21 pm

It would seem, with low voter turnout, it would be easier to win a primary. I do imagine the party will always support the incumbent in a primary. The truth is Childress must be beat this election or he will become entrenched like Gene Taylor. Taylor has prospered over the deep divisions in the conservative vote. Unity leads to victory, maybe Nunnelee should compromise with the Tea Party on some more issues.

9. Guillaume Fontaine De la Tour D'Haute Rive permalink
    June 14, 2010 4:00 pm

I am afraid that the fact is if we do not get Taylor and Childers out now we wont get them out for four more years. I do not know about yall but the part of MS that I am in will get enough obama voters in two years to give Taylor & Childers another run. Our anger at our Represenatives is about as high as it is going to get so we need to get some unified folks out to vote without the obama factor playing into our elections.

10. NoChilders permalink
    June 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Obama running for president in my district got Childers elected. Obama running in 2012 would allow Childers to keep his seat until he takes the ole dirt nap. Nunnelee has proven he is a fiscal conservative and is a great candidate. I hope people who have a problem with Nunnelee only because he beat Ross will shut up and go away. I voted for Nunnelee and would have had no problem supporting Ross if the primary had been different. That said, I am a conservative and I want better for my country than what throwing my vote away on an independent candidate would do. If you want to gripe about the GOP candidate you should rethink your politics, Nunnelee will go to Washington and vote as conservatively as he can. Support Nunnelee and stop the petty comments, they are damaging and of no use.

• Grizz permalink
      June 14, 2010 5:25 pm

you say folks who gripe about nunnelee should shut up and go away–
      it is an inherant right of Americans to gripe about polititians,and since you ask other republican / conservatives to shut up and go away,perhaps with your kind of words,they will—and vote for an independant,instead of a candidate who has an angry supporter as you who tells us to shut up and go away–

11. NoChilders permalink
    June 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Grizz what I said had nothing to do with you. But from other post, you will be backing Nunnelee by November. Hop hop!!

• Grizz permalink
      June 14, 2010 5:50 pm

don’t bet ur farm on that one-

12. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    June 14, 2010 7:07 pm

I agree Grizz, it has been peaceful on here and people were allowed to express their opinions for the past few weeks. Look like the angry Nunnelee people are back. Have you been out celebrating your marginal win. As to the dead Tea Party sites, they are dead because people are working for their candidates not sitting around on the Internet. The Tea Party is very much alive and well.

• Nochilders permalink
      June 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Calm Down Old Man!!! You might have an infarction. Angry? That is you. Don’t think because we have allowed you to spew your stuff without response we don’t know your tricks.

• Grizz permalink
      June 14, 2010 8:44 pm

I AGREE,TEA PARTY IS IN CONTROL,BUT AS TO THEIR SITES I KNOW NOT MUCH OF–AS IVE BEEN BUSY ON MILITIA STUFF IN MS–ESP @ COAST NEWS–

13. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    June 14, 2010 8:34 pm

What a waste of good space you are! Noone cares about your noxius posts. Your total disrespect for age shows what a truly evil person uses that name Nochilders! Whether you like or not I will continue to express my opinion and your unintelligent and obtuse comments will simply be a chuckle to all who have the misfortune to read them. You are total incapable of have an educated debate on issues so you crack stupid remarks like shut up and go away. Your trashy, lowlife existence is showing.

• Nochilders permalink
      June 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Yes but I got a response.

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
        June 14, 2010 9:03 pm

The one you deserve!

14. Grizz permalink
    June 14, 2010 8:45 pm

SIC-EM DADDY

• Tea Party Leader II permalink
      June 14, 2010 9:04 pm

You got it Son.

15. Nochilders permalink
    June 14, 2010 9:06 pm

What does it take to get an idiot stirred up? Apparently “shut up and go away.”

16. Nochilders permalink
    June 14, 2010 9:11 pm

TPL II have you had that infarction?

17. Nochilders permalink
    June 14, 2010 9:11 pm

Call 911 stat

18. Nochilders permalink
    June 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Just looking out for the elderly.

19. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    June 14, 2010 10:10 pm

I find it interesting that Nunnelee supporters are like Nochilders. They certainly have the same values as he does? Perhaps that is why I am not so sure about him. Those Independants are looking better all the time. Wally Pang is building a following and he speaks common sense. He is also for term limits which I am definitely behind. He did well for himself in the debates and I noticed that he pushed the GOP candidates on some issues like border control. Wally Pang is a real possibility.

• Nochilders permalink
      June 14, 2010 10:34 pm

I am so glad you are okay! I was so scared your old ticker gave out. Now go to bed and get a good nights rest, tomorrow will be a big day for you. I know you will be out helping your candidate. You may want to check on Mississippi Magnolias it is a lame site but an old guy like you could jazz it up.

• marmie permalink
        June 14, 2010 11:24 pm

You guys over in Corinth need to stop it.

• Nochilders permalink
          June 15, 2010 7:32 am

You are right! We live in the same town we should get along. I am voting for Tea Party Leader II for Alderman.

• Grizz permalink
            June 15, 2010 8:39 am

and which candidate would that be?

• Grizz permalink
          June 15, 2010 8:25 am

i do not know who nochilders is,nor where located–i could care less–but since i am in corinth,what do i need to stop? -
          endorsing and voting for my choice? do not think so–
          i did all i could to help mr ross NOT win the primary,because of his supporters nastiness during campaign–and,in fact,if i COULD, i would take all the credit i could for helping ms. mcglowan NOT win either.towards the end,i openly supported and endorsed nunnelee to win primary–and brought –well–many in to vote for him- now you nunnelee folks are turning off folks too–i KNOW his campaign people are in here
          is THIS what they want ? us to turn on him too? ok–no problem–

20. Dontreadonme permalink
    June 14, 2010 10:52 pm

The whole democrat stratagy is to divide the conservatives and the democrats win. The Tea Party movement needs to show support for the Republicans and better position ourselves for the State election next year. There are many democrat represenative seats in Northeast and Southeast Mississippi. These districts are ripe for Tea Party Candidates to WIN. The traditional Republican candidates have not been effective in these districts. The Tea Party Patriots have an opprotunity to make an impact in the Republican Primary. The Tea Party Movement needs to bring 100,000 new voters to the Republican Primary next year. Then the Tea Party will field the republican candidates.

21. Tea Party Leader II permalink
    June 15, 2010 8:58 am

I was not aware that I was running for Alderman in Corinth. Since I don’t live there it might not work out for me but appreciate the vote. If if lived in Corinth with Nochilders I would move. Grizz on the other hand might be interesting.

• Grizz permalink
      June 15, 2010 9:18 am

Sry TPLII–but not interested in alderman–i am power hungry–i wouldn’t settle for less than mayor or police chief– i absofknglutley guarentee corinth would be cleaned up within
      a month– no more illegals ruining our city park,driving down city streets shooting shotguns out of truck window into apts.– no more open prostitution– no more roving gangs of youths with “pants on the ground-” -no more open drug sales–no more crooked cops– no more street crime–cause i’d have every copper on patrol 24/7 filling jails up–the elderly and women could safely walk the streets and parks again–but sadly,i’d be killed withing that month– cause all the crooks in office here would miss their drug money payoffs–

• Red II permalink
        June 15, 2010 11:05 am

I guess your daughter was paid for the signs!

• Grizz permalink
          June 15, 2010 11:27 am

??????????????????????????

22. marmie permalink
    June 15, 2010 9:59 am

Corinth sounds like the armpit of Mississippi.EVER THOUGHT OF MOVING?

• Grizz permalink
      June 15, 2010 10:05 am

where too,ANOTHER ms. town with crooked city govt. just like here? blah—–iiiiiiiiiiii certainly didnt vote for all the dems here running the joint–they ruin everything–

23. Nochilders permalink
    June 15, 2010 11:08 am

Isn’t that why Tea Party Leader II is running for Alderman? What with that floundering business and all the free time? Isn’t that what you said before Grizz?

24. Grizz permalink