Palazzo Hits Taylor On Oil Spill

June 28, 2010
tags: 2010 House, Alan Nunnelee, Gene Taylor, Haley Barbour, Haley PAC, MS-01, MS-04, Steven Palazzo

The Steven Palazzo campaign is hitting Rep. Gene Taylor on his initial reaction to the Gulf Coast oil spill. Palazzo said, “While hovering over miles of crude oil making its way to Mississippi’s coastline, Rep. Gene Taylor concluded the damage caused by the BP oil rig explosion wasn’t ‘Armageddon,’” saying this calls his judgment into question.

Palazzo also said: “It appears that he has turned a deaf ear to the fears and complaints. As the oil approaches, we do not have a strong leader in Washington to defend our coastal communities and economy. This is a disaster, and Congressman Taylor should be treating it as such…I am sick of Washington bureaucrats dithering while Mississippi’s coastline is threatened. Sadly, President Obama and Rep. Taylor aren’t doing everything they can to protect and stop the oil spill that will devastate our ecosystem and the livelihood of thousands of Mississippian families.”

Nunnelee Talks Second Amendment. In a recent campaign email, the Alan Nunnelee talked about a number of issues including the Second Amendment. As we have mentioned, the coveted NRA endorsement will be going to Rep. Travis Childers, but Nunnelee will continue to angle as the most gun rights candidate because of Childers’ Speaker vote.

Nunnelee said: “We will protect the Second Amendment right for all Americans. The ten Amendments that comprise the Bill of Rights are all linked together and you cannot weaken one without weakening them all. The present Congress is led by a group of people who are hostile to the Second Amendment and I will vote to change that.”

Barbour Raises $75k For Haley PAC. The Hill has the scoop on Haley Barbour’s back-to-back fundraisers in Washington on Thursday night that netted his PAC more than $75,000. Here are some of the names spotted in the crowd: Former Federal Election Commission chairman Michael Toner, GOP consultant David All, Fox News Channel contributor Jim Pinkerton, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty’s (R) senior adviser, Phil Musser, former White House spokesman Stuart Siciliano, former RNC Young Eagles regional director Roby Penn and Civic Forum PAC’s Ford O’Connell.

I admit I am surprised the Mississippi Democrats haven’t sent out pressers going after Barbour for hosting a fundraiser while the situation on the Coast continues. You may remember they attacked Barbour pretty hard for having a fundraiser in New Hampshire last year before the legislature had agreed to a budget- even buying ad space on a New Hampshire political blog.

1. Voter in Dis(respected) 4th permalink
    June 30, 2010 2:42 am

Palazzo will do a nice job.

2. Dan Lindsay permalink
    June 30, 2010 1:30 pm

I for one would certainly like to read what Steven Palazzo believes would be a practical plan for solving this problem and what he would do from Day one if he is elected.

3. Voter in Dis(respected) 4th permalink
    July 1, 2010 2:06 pm

I submitted a negative comment about Palazzo. It was not Posted. So just to test, I posted (a lie) a positive comment about Palazzo and surprise! That Comment was quickly posted.

4. Voter in Dis(respected) 4th permalink
    July 1, 2010 2:07 pm

There is no one that knows about turning a deaf ear towards voters better than Steven Palazzo.
    on Facebook if a voter asks a respectful yet slightly challenging question he deletes the question and then blocks the people from posting a question to his communication page again. Who wants this avoidance representing us in Washington DC? If you don’t believe me just try it yourself, but he will block you too. Remember your question must be worded respectfully yet be a challenging question.
    I was amazed at the level of strife Palazzo has created in Mississippi, on the Facebook page under the name Mississippi Liberty under their notes titled. {Palazzo, Barbour and the GOP}
    Who will unite Mississippi? Who will hear the People of Mississippi? At least we get a long awaited form letter from Taylor that don’t address the question asked. With Palazzo we get silence.
    Brett, Who are the other two people running and give us their information? I feel I have to know all my choices at this point to make the wisest decision.

5. Doug permalink
    July 2, 2010 4:47 pm

Mr. Palazzo instead of criticizing Mr. Taylor’s effort or lack of ,please elaborate on what course of action you would take. You constantly speak of “business as usual” but to me you seem to politic the same way as others, ie Mr. Obama. Please don’t tell me Gene does this or that, tell me what YOU would do different. I’m an important vote because I will choose who I think is best which could be persuaded with a decent argument. Don’t focus on his failures but what you would do to be sucsessful.

6. Princess Sophia permalink
    July 3, 2010 9:05 pm

Palazzo doesn’t know. Sorry. His solution to most problems is to make them worse. Now, a common over the counter drug requires a prescription, but only in Mississippi. Brilliant to say the least.

7. Princess Sophia permalink
    July 3, 2010 9:09 pm

Mississippi politics hasn’t been the same since the head of the Republican party in Harrison County yelled “Run Forest run!” and Palazzo picked up the banner and ran and he ran. If you ever get a chance to listen to him debate, go…it’s pretty amusing.