Your 2010 Neshoba Political Speaking

July 3, 2010
tags: 2010 House, Henry Barbour, Michael Steele, Neshoba County Fair, Steven Palazzo, Wells Griffith

Here is the lineup for the 2010 political speaking at the Neshoba County Fair:

Wednesday, July 28:

Thursday, July 29:

No members of the Congressional delegation will be speaking, but the House members’ opponents will be there. I would imagine they will be in D.C. preventing them from making the circuit.

Henry Barbour for RNC Chair? I don’t know how RNC Chairman Michael Steele survives this weekend, and since it’s a long, holiday weekend it would be an opportune time for him to step aside. So who should replace him? Haley Barbour’s name has been floated around thanks to the work he did with the group in the early 90s and his new high-profile role as RGA chair where he has been largely successful. But he isn’t going to move into a different role in the middle of an election, yet we could still see a Barbour take over- Henry Barbour. Former South Carolina GOP chairman Katon Dawson, who was the runner up against Michael Steele in early 2009, has called on Steele to resign and floated Henry Barbour as a possible interim successor. Barbour is an RNC committeeman (from Mississippi), and Dawson said this about him: “Henry Barbour would be a great choice and a fine operative to run the RNC and finish the midterms in the manner required to secure the success our candidates deserve.”

Griffith no longer with Palazzo campaign. I don’t know of anymore behind this, but I got word yesterday that Wells Griffith, who was serving as campaign manager for Steven Palazzo into June, is no longer with the campaign.

1. princess sophia permalink
    July 3, 2010 1:40 pm

Wells probably became suicidal because he suddenly realized that due to his efforts we’re going to be stuck with Gene Taylor for another two years. I’ll bet he really enjoys the basket weaving classes.

2. July 3, 2010 6:43 pm

Do you realize how pitiful you sound? Whats you boy Joe T up to? He couldn’t even beat Palazzo so whats that say about him? Its time you stop crying and get on with your life….

• Princess Sophia permalink
      July 3, 2010 8:53 pm

“Do you realize how pitiful you sound? Whats you boy Joe T up to?”
      What’s you boy? Really? I mean really? A little stressed there, Brett? See, it’s like this Brett…you hacks thought that the Tea Party would just capitulate after the democrats came over and voted for Palazzo. It didn’t happen and it won’t. Today he tried to speak at a Tea Party Gathering in Columbia after saying he didn’t want to do it. He snubbed them and they snubbed him when he showed up. The moment he finished speaking to a lukewarm audience he bailed. It’s an old pattern with that guy.

“He couldn’t even beat Palazzo so whats that say about him?”
      It’s nice to see that you are finally realizing that Palazzo is a loser and shouldn’t have won. It took the same bunch of knuckle heads (the democrats that gave us Obama) to get him into the race again. That poor fella needed the help. Where did the neat “I’m a Marine” advertisements go?

“Its time you stop crying and get on with your life….”
      I’m not crying dude. I’m laughing. At least Wells will only have to deal with crazy people if he ended up in some home. I can tolerate crazy folks because I have to deal with bureaucrats all of the time. At least he won’t have to deal with idiots anymore.

Or did Wells have to fall on his sword for the Emperor?

• Dontreadonme permalink
        July 4, 2010 11:01 am

Glad to see princess again. You must be the JT supporter that has the Plazzo signs in your yard spray painted with a big red X. You could be the JT supporter that replaced your JT sign with a GT sign. I call you JT’s trator if you are the one that did that. JT was right, this is the year to beat Taylor. If Taylor does not lose he will be there for a while.

• KingMaker permalink
      July 5, 2010 10:58 am

Brett

You have a fine site here that provides a great deal of information. I read it almost daily, but man you need to back off of the attacks on posters or just do away with the comments section.

Lashing out like this is not helping you grow your site.

It was obvious from the start that you were 100% behind Palazzo, but almost half the voters (and probably more than half GOP voters) were not. That’s fine, but don’t expect those of us who did not support Palazzo to all of a sudden flock to his camp when he has given us no reason to whatsoever.

3. princess sophia permalink
    July 4, 2010 11:57 am

I’m not going to vote for someone who is worse than Taylor. Palazzo doesn’t get my vote under any circumstances. The letter behind the name is meaningless if it should in fact be an L for liberal. Taylor is going to cream him. I just hope they have a debate. I’d pay to see that. LOL

• Dontreadonme permalink
      July 4, 2010 7:41 pm

That is wonderful, if that is your opinion. I just hope you are not supporting Taylor because you want JT to run in 2012. JT has no chance to win an election against Taylor. 2012 will bring a wealth of quality candidates for district 4, wether Taylor runs for the senate or the house. JT want have much of a chance in 2012 with a quality field of candidates. So princess if you want to support Pelosi power by voting for Taylor dont call yourself conservative. Omit that you only eat organic and you dont eat meat. Support Pelosi power, the death to the unborn, taxpayer funded abortions, homosexual marriage, government runs everything, and the economic belief that Welfare is economic stimulus. I can not support such policies and still sleep at night. If Angela can vote for Nunnlee, then the princess could vote against Pelosi.

4. Scott permalink
    July 5, 2010 4:23 pm

This is where some of you have never gotten it, i.e. Dontreadonme… If there are quality candidates lined up in 2012, then Joe Tegerdine will not be in the race. He said from the beginning that if someone he could get behind would get in the race (early enough), then he would drop out and put his full support behind them. No one worth getting behind would do so, so he carried the banner as an outsider with an unpopular religion. He’s shown a lot of good folks the possibilities if they are willing to make the sacrifice to get involved and let their voice be heard. I am sure if there is a terrific candidate that is committed to serving his/her constituents first and not party demands or insider favor buyers, then you will see Tegerdine and his PRINCIPLED supporters throwing their full support behind that person. Also, we can remove Pelosi by supporting candidates we CAN believe in in districts around the country. So if some of us can’t stomach the thought of supporting Palazzo, then we most certainly can donate money and calling time to candidates in other districts. The enemy you know is sometimes better than the enemy you don’t know.

• Princess Sophia permalink
      July 5, 2010 6:02 pm

And that’s a fact. There are a lot of races worth taking part in right now. Pelosi and Reid are going down in flames and it won’t matter if Taylor would vote for them again or not. It will be Republicans (hopefully real conservatives for once ) not Democrats next go around.

5. Dontreadonme permalink
    July 5, 2010 8:20 pm

Thank You,It will be just as I stated. If Taylor does not lose this election, then he want lose. It seems like you all were some what satisfied with Gene to begin with. Gene Taylor has always pitted the coast republicans against the pine belt republicans. Once he gets them fighting, the loser never supports the winner. The same sour grapes is why there are few Statewide elected officals from South Mississippi. As long as you vote for Gene because your satisfied with his repersentation and not because your guy lost.

• Scott permalink
      July 5, 2010 10:17 pm

Once again, you miss the point. SP is not an honorable person or he would have my vote in a heartbeat. This has nothing to do with sour grapes, it has everything to do with principle and I would have happily supported SP had he acted with the same class as Tegerdine. The only reason I would be forced to vote for him is that he is Republican, not because he is a good leader, has a good game plan, has the ability to argue against his opposition, or to articulate his position on any of the issues. He is a sound bite, puppet, politician and its time we cut him out before he makes a career out of disappointing us. I am willing to make a sacrifice in this election to make sure we put someone we ALL can be proud of, or at least live with in 2012. When I contrast him with Taylor, the only difference I see is party affiliation and Taylor pretends not to be a puppet. Other than that… they are two coasties that are one and the same. Coast candidates would have a better shot at winning outside of the coast if they made an effort to care about anything other than the coast.

6. Travis permalink
    July 6, 2010 9:32 am

Where is the story about the Independence Day speeches in Colombia?

7. Dontreadonme permalink
    July 6, 2010 9:53 am

I am not a blogger for a candidate. I am not informed about anything Palazzo did that was less than honorable. I did read alot of blogs about JT putting a sign in Palazzo’s yard and filming him pulling it up. That just does not seem dishonest. I would like to know why you think he is dishonest? It would go a long way in helping me to decide which way I will vote.

8. biloxi conservative permalink
    July 6, 2010 2:15 pm

JT did not put a sign in SPs yard. No supporter of JTs put the sign in SP yard. Remember JT and his supporters support private property rights. Stop making lies “dont read on me” check your spelling next time bud. It takes two ts DONT TREAD ON ME. But I guess facts and spelling are both unimportant to Good ole Boy Club members like you and SP.

• Dontreadonme permalink
      July 6, 2010 6:12 pm

I did not see anything. My information is based on information written on several blogs. I did not see a sign put in the ground or a sign pulled out of the ground. JT supporters said there was a video. I have never seen the video. I just want to know what Plazzo did that was so dishonest. I am not an insider. I do know how to spell, although I never won a spelling b. Check out Websters rules to spelling. It will expressly state that the double tt can only follow a vowel. If the words are combined as you state they should be there would be two tt’s following an n. That would be in direct violation of websters spelling rules. That is why I have dropped the t. If you find another way to spell it, I am open to other opinions.

9. Biloxi conservative permalink
    July 6, 2010 9:35 pm

another way to spell it would be Don’t Tread on me, just like i did Biloxi conservative instead of biloxiconservative webster’s also doesn’t recognize dontreadonme as a word.

Don’t Tread on me it a phrase, not a word and an ironic phrase for someone that supports Steve Palazzo.

• Dontreadonme permalink
      July 8, 2010 8:15 am

Your right it is a phrase. When you put it all together it is my web name. When a person reads the name it can have multiple meanings. Just like the flag. I believe the flag stands for heritage. Others see it as hate. I think Dontreadonme has a intresting twist to an age old fight.

10. travis permalink
    July 6, 2010 11:32 pm

I wouldn’t call it a yard really, it’s an estate. I can’t imagine anyone sneaking around Destiny Plantation putting out yard signs, then steaking them out for the Palazzos to remove them. It’s not really the kinda neighborhood where people park on the street.

• Dontreadonme permalink
      July 7, 2010 9:37 am

Thank you for more information. You have any video link?

• Princess Sophia permalink
        July 7, 2010 6:53 pm

Since the actual video never surfaced I decided it was a pointless topic of discussion.

11. travis permalink
    July 7, 2010 4:18 pm

no. it has never been made public to my knowledge.

Please log in to WordPress.com to post a comment to your blog.

You are commenting using your Twitter account. (Log Out)

You are commenting using your Facebook account. (Log Out)