Twitter and Mississippi

September 9, 2010
tags:
by

Politico has an interesting story breaking down the Twitter accounts of members of Congress and found that the GOP- once well behind Democrats in the social media field- is more likely to be using Twitter. According to a study, 67 percent of Republicans use Twitter, while just 41 percent of Democrats do so. Further, seven of the 10 most followed members are Republicans.

In Mississippi, just two members of the six-man Congressional delegation use Twitter. That is Sen. Roger Wicker and Rep. Gregg Harper. Harper is also part of the trend of having two accounts- one for his office and one campaign related. Sen. Thad Cochran and Reps. Travis Childers, Bennie Thompson, and Gene Taylor are not on Twitter.

As for the 2010 challengers, all four men running on the major party labels are on Twitter. Steven Palazzo and Alan Nunnelee both have frequently updated accounts (Nunnelee has two much like Harper), while Joel Gill’s account has last been updated in April and contains five tweets. There are three accounts for Bill Marcy, but just one that has been utilized (for two tweets, both in the past week).

1. Grizz permalink
    September 9, 2010 12:46 pm

and independant Wally pang twitters under “wally4congress” with 500 followers inc. Karl Rove-
    but of course the biased MSM never tells that part.

2. Republican Dawg permalink
    September 9, 2010 4:57 pm

I counted 248…not 500, but did enjoy getting a look at his rants. He looks a lot more like a Childers plant than a conservative.

• Grizz permalink
      September 9, 2010 5:12 pm

well thank you for taking the time to count what you could see–now go call
      Wally and learn the rest–and i also noticed you didn’t deny karl rove following too lol–rants? ha your name says it all–republican doggie– a nunnelee sheeple–now go be a good little dawgie and help patrick spend his muslim terrorist money he got.If its a pissin contest you want,ya started with the wrong person. you’re workin for a known admitted LIAR. pledges don’t mean crap to him–only MONEY,and his raises.

3. Republican Dawg permalink
    September 9, 2010 6:58 pm

If I’m working for someone, I sure haven’t seen any checks. And by the way- Karl Rove is following 150,000 people. Congratulations. You do remember he held a fundraiser and endorsed Nunnelee during the primary don’t you?

• Grizz permalink
      September 9, 2010 10:39 pm

yes,i remember,he is a sell out to big party and their rino $$ just like you are–vote only the party not the person.sell-out,like you.but of course,you forgot,this is still America,where electors can choose to vote whom they wish.I’ll vote for someone thats blesmish free,not the big party RINO
      that lies to constituents and takes Muslim Jihadi $$$. bad dawggie.

• Sir Top-Um Hat permalink
        September 10, 2010 1:48 pm

If Rove “is a sell out to big party and their rhino $$”, why did you reference Rove in your first comment?
        Could it be that you were attempting to make “your candidate” seem legitimate by using Roves name?
        I am just glad that there are people like Republican Dawg who take the time to call you on your baseless and inane comments.
        Thank you to Republican Dawg for you “fact checks”. I would like to remind you that liberals count each vote twice so the 248 followers that you reported vs. 500 followers that Grizz reported is not as bad of an error as it appears.

• Grizz permalink
          September 10, 2010 3:50 pm

get ur story straight i never said rove was a sellout like patrick nunnelee,who is so ashamed of his 1st name he won’t use it–you do not now WHO my candidate is–but at least “she” has a spotless record,not a liar like patty.I,and thousands of others,will vote the person,not the party,as our right.you may feel free to vote for the rino,as is your right.i’ll stick up for ANY candidate who has a spotless track record. Why not ask mr. nunnelee how much Saudi and Syrian money he got in june from the terrorists’ friend in D.C.? We know.

4. Republican Dawg permalink
    September 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Huh?

Grizz, here is what you said today: “get ur story straight i never said rove was a sellout”

And what you said yesterday when I pointed out that Rove hosted a fundraiser for Nunnelee: “yes,i remember,he is a sell out to big party and their rino $$”

PS- you are making your candidate look like an idiot. Wanna start a pool on what % of the vote he gets?

• Grizz permalink
      September 10, 2010 9:12 pm

my comment was referring to nunnelee the sellout.
      you do not know who my “Candidate” is.
      your ” pool” comment is just more political hyperbole from an idiot
      who cannot go on a blog site and make comments without being a rude goof. in fact,I rather like Ms.Giaramita who will be w/ me in Corinth tomorrow at the event I am helping organize–you know,the largest 9/11 event in Ms. –the one patty ditched to go to dist 4 to be with some women for more MONEY–but don’t worry,i’ll give it to him good and proper with my friend Henry Ross who is our MC–the conservative who SHOULD have won the primary but for the POLL TAMPERING investigations against patrick in 2 Counties,panola and Lowndes.and the fact the little brat ran back to Fox and didnt endorse Henry as she promised.why not come up and be constructive instead of a goof,your mom can enter you in the Patrioticly decorated baby stroller contest we have.

• marmie permalink
        September 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Grizz, you will have to excuse people for not knowing which candidate you are “for”. First it was McGlowan, then Ross, third Nunnelee, recently you touted yourself as Wally Pang’s political advisor. Your above post says you have hopped to Giaramita , this is candidate number five for you.

Henry Ross has been at several Nunnelee events to show his support. I can’t see him being a low life back stabbing jerk while he is emcee of the Corinth Celebration . By the way, Angela McGlowan couldn’t endorse Ross during the primary as she was a candidate. There was no need for a runoff as Alan Nunnelee had over 50% of the votes. You are right, she did go back to Fox.

All that poll tampering that you write of is bunk. The elections have been certified.

If you really want to work on a lost cause, start trying to get the illegal aliens out of America.LOL

I am a proud Nunnelee supporter, and I am not and have never been Brenda Keys. I am honored as she is very smart and informed.

• Sir Top-Um Hat permalink
        September 10, 2010 11:54 pm

Grizz if you were trying to convey than Mr. Nunnelee is the sell out and not Mr. Rove then you really need to work on your communication skills.
        I trust that anyone who read your comments will agree with me and the Republican Dawg about your comment being aimed toward Mr. Rove not Mr. Nunnelee.
        I am glad to finally know the truth about why you have chosen to direct such anger and hate filled lies toward Mr. Nunnelee. Of course I am referring to your hurt feelings over being rejected for this weekends events that you have coordinated. I am sure that if you would have informed Mr. Nunnelees’ people that your were the great and mighty Grizz they would have canceled there previously scheduled engagement to attend your gala event.
        As for Mr. Ross. You may want to run that anti-Nunelee thing by him before you speak for him. When I saw both Mr. Ross and Mr. Nunnelee together on the weekend of 8/20 Mr. Ross was telling us how we all needed to support Mr. Nunnelee in his bid to defeat Childers. Does that qualify Mr. Ross as a money grubbing sell out also?
        Grizz go on casting your out and out lies on this site about Mr. Nunnelee I believe the intelligent readers of this blog will figure you and your agenda out in very short order.
        Go on and come out of the closet and be open about being Childers boy. Your attest to this fact. Just look at your fatuous comments in this section alone. First you interjected Mr. Pang into a story that has nothing to do with him. A normal person would see that as you support Mr. Pang and want to gain a little exposure for him. Now you say that you support a lady. So why in the heck did you bring Mr. Pang up? You say it is because you support anyone with a spotless record. Well the only way to beat Mr. Childers is to support one candidate or the other. That is unless your ultimate goal is in fact a victory for Mr. Childers over Mr. Nunnelee. What I see is that you want to try and stir up as much confusion as you can about all of the lesser conservative candidates. All the while making psychotic accusations against Mr. Nunnelee.
        I just wonder if your real candidate Mr. Childers will be attending your gala event tomorrow as well?

• Mortimer permalink
          September 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Well, it has taken this post to smoke out Grizz for the Childers supporter that he is. He lives in a fairy land making wild claims he cannot back up with evidence

Rove for Wally
          Angela to endorse Henry
          Jihad dollars to Nunnelee

I will no longer believe anything he claims to know.

5. Seriousvoter permalink
    September 12, 2010 2:41 pm

I have been reading this site for a long time and decided to add some comments. To this fellow Grizz – you are apparently well informed on many fronts and most of the time your comments are very good. Do not let the others on here get you upset. Can you not see that is what they are trying to do. I am not a Nunnelee Fan. He leaves me cold. The other day he walked into a ballgame that my friends and I attended. Walked over the “important people” and shook their hands and did not even look at the rest of us common people. If I were you I would also be angry, and everyone should be, that he did not feel it was important enough to attend your big event. On the other hand, maybe you should be rejoicing that he lost an opportunity to score some points (if he could)and actually lost some votes by not being there. If he continues on this path we may all be lucky and he will loose. To anyone who feels it is their business to know who I will vote for it will be Gail Giaramita.

Trackbacks

1. Mississippi Congressional Tweets | ProjectVirginia

Please log in to WordPress.com to post a comment to your blog.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,329 other followers