Nunnelee Expands Lead In Latest Poll
The latest polling data from The Tarrance Group shows that Alan Nunnelee has opened up a 51-40 lead over Travis Childers. This is the first time any candidate has been at or over the 50 percent mark in the race. The previous poll put Nunnelee up 48-41.
- Nunnelee holds a 15 point lead among “extremely likely” voters (54-39)
- Nunnelee leads 56-38 among voters who have impressions of both he and Childers
- Of the 75 percent of voters who have seen, read or heard something about the Childers campaign, 43 percent are less likely to vote him based on that information
- 32 percent say Childers deserves re-election
- Republicans maintain a 53-39 edge on the generic Congressional ballot
The poll of 300 likely voters was done October 4-5 and has a 5.8 percent margin of error.