Mike Moore Featured In Lite Guv Primary

July 19, 2011

Former Attorney General Mike Moore has made his way into the GOP primary for lieutenant governor, and as you would imagine ties to Moore are not exactly seen as a positive. First, Moore was prominently mentioned on a recent Tate Reeves mailer attacking Bill Hewes.

It reads: “Billy Hewes is using the money of former Democrat Attorney General Mike Moore and the words of liberal columnist Bill Minor to launch a negative and misleading campaign against Tate Reeves.”

Here is a close-up of the mailer:

And the full-size image:

While I haven’t seen an ‘official’ rebuttal from Hewes, his supporters are happy to send out this image of a smiling Reeves with the former attorney general:

1. catty14 permalink
    July 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Not very wise of Reeves to spit in the wind!

2. Jonathan permalink
    July 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Well Billy one just has to hope those photos of you don’t come out any time soon…..I wouldn’t be sleep well if I was Mr. Hewes.

3. Brenda permalink
    July 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Well I was having a time deciding about the LT Governors race. But the picture of Reeves and Moore made my decision .

• Kingfish permalink
      July 19, 2011 1:51 pm

You’re an idiot. So you go to a party or convention, you be nice and pose for a pic. Please. There is one of me and Donna Ladd in a similar stance, does that mean I agree with her or support her paper? Please.

• Dontreadonme permalink
        July 20, 2011 9:03 am

Well when its a Democrat party, and you claim to be a republican, it matters.

• Bill Billingsley permalink
      July 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Brenda, political figures from different parties get thrown into pictures together all the time. How many people do you imagine have posed with Haley and then used that photo to imply a relationship with him? It happens al the time and it should in no way affect your vote.

• listenupms permalink
        July 19, 2011 6:13 pm

I likewise think its a valid point that almost every republican excepts campaign contributions from Democrats and its really childish of Reeves to say that accepting campaign donation from Mike means he is “running” with democrat dogs. Turnabout is fair play.

• I want to ask permalink
      July 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Brenda whatever you want to use to make your own persoanl decesions are fine, and I support that

4. I want to ask permalink
    July 19, 2011 1:44 pm

I believe ther might be another photo of Tate we have all heard about.

• Jonathan permalink
      July 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Actually I hear it’s one of Billy.

5. Frank permalink
    July 19, 2011 2:12 pm

Big difference in having your photo made with someone at a social event and being in bed with them.

• Bill Billingsley permalink
      July 19, 2011 5:14 pm

I’m getting really tired of hearing this rumor. Why don’t you or whoever has any evidence of what you’re insinuating just bring it on out? I’ll tell you why that hasn’t and won’t happen. It’s much better for Billy for this ridiculous and unfounded rumor to be allowed to circulate. It gets exposed and killed if you bring it out into the open, because the alleged people involved won’t back you up, provided there really are such people. The strategy is to keep the little high school games going in the hope that some damage will be done among those voters who might actually believe it. That’s as shameful as the nonsense you’re talking about, and I don’t think it’s anything that Billy Hewes would ever sanction.

• Frank permalink
        July 20, 2011 2:57 pm

The term “being in bed with” does not mean the literal sleeping with or having sex with and does not imply this.You are taking this very literal.It implies as the old saying goes “thicker than thieves”, or are you going to have difficulty with that also?

6. listenupms permalink
    July 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Johnathon – dream on. No worries about Billy, and no photos of him circulating around with him and his other. just read Patsy Brumfileds article on Tate’s reaction when asked if he had any past actions that might disgrace the office – got a little red ha!

• I want to ask permalink
      July 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Listenupms
      please post a limk to that Brumfield story

7. listenupms permalink
    July 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Its pretty funny because she asks the question and of course they say “No” but Reeves turned red. “for shame for shame”

• Bill Billingsley permalink
      July 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Yeah, it’s too bad that Tate was born with the hair and complexion that he has. That’s why lots of red haired people have the reputation of being short tempered. They’re not any madder than any of the rest of us for having our integrity impugned, but the physiological change that takes place from that anger shows up better.

• Coast Rat 4ever permalink
        July 19, 2011 6:24 pm

One thing that really gets under my skin in elections. And that is when candidates for public office make accusations without any factual basis to support them. Now if there are real facts supported by some degree of real evidence then have at it. Spill the info and let the chips fall where they may. But to deliberately report information without the supporting facts is just wrong. Candidates that do this are being deceptive, dishonest and are without scruples. And in some instances they are flat out lying. We just don’t need these type of people representing Mississippi. We have at least one candidate for governor that falls into this category. Hopefully both Billy and Tate will rise above all this. I, too, have heard the Tate rumor but have heard absolutely nothing to indicate it as factual. I am a major Billy supporter to the core and I would be shocked if Billy brought this out without supporting facts. But if that was to happen with no solid facts to support it I would immediately be sporting a Tate sticker on my truck.

• Wouldntyouliketoknow permalink
          July 20, 2011 2:52 pm

“One thing that really gets under my skin in elections. And that is when candidates for public office make accusations without any factual basis to support them…But to deliberately report information without the supporting facts is just wrong.Candidates that do this are being deceptive, dishonest and are without scruples”
          I completely agree with this statement. I think both sides have made accusations that are questionable, but have been able to get by because there was just enough factual basis to get by.
          Since you put this so well in your comment, and I share your distate for canidates that operate that way, I was wondering what you thought of Billy’s press release stating that Tate only got a hunting license right before he entered the race in an attempt to look pro-guns? From what I have seen there was absolutely NO factual basis for Billy to make this claim. I know it is only a minor claim, but if it is as made up as it seems then I have a problem voting for someone that would completely make up petty accusations like this one.

• Coast Rat 4ever permalink
            July 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Hey I call em like I see em liketoknow. I am def a Billy man but you got a point. I do think the hunting license issue is rather petty and appears to have no merit or bearing on who should be the next Lt Gov.

8. listenupms permalink
    July 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Strange that Billy has same complexion and sandy hair and didn’t blush? Enough friends in the DC have confirmed the alleged “event” re Tate
    with me though that I am comfortable in my conviction that his past acts could disgrace the office.

• Dan permalink
      July 20, 2011 10:25 am

Also strange that Billy didn’t answer the question – his wife did.

9. Rankinlawyer permalink
    July 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Would someone who is supporting Reeves please tell me three or four of the best reasons someone should vote for him? I’ve asked this question of friends before and I really haven’t gotten an answer.

• I want to ask permalink
      July 19, 2011 7:04 pm

He has the most money

• Bill Billingsley permalink
      July 20, 2011 7:33 am

1) We need new leadership. Redistricting is too important to let the same old groups who wrote the last failed plan to try it again. Too many good old boy clubs that need to be broken up, and Billy has too many friends to do that. It’s awful hard for one of the guys to step up and be the boss. 2) Statewide experience. The Lieutenant Governor has to work with officials all over the state, and they already have the relationship with Tate from his eight years as Treasurer. 3) He’s tough. He sued the AG against everyone’s advice early in his first term as Treasurer, and the state legislators who try to push him around in a committee setting will tell you that he fights back better than most. He doesn’t shy away from a fight, and that’s the kind of lieutenant governor who will have more success in the Senate than one who is trying to keep all his friends happy. 4) He’s smart. You don’t have to be in the room with him for more than a few minutes to know that his youthful appearance comes with the intelligence and capability of a savvy political operator. He’ll be able to get things done in the Senate and the state.

• C Jones permalink
        July 20, 2011 7:56 am

How much legislative experience does he have?

• listenupms permalink
          July 20, 2011 10:50 am

Tate has no legislative experience, Billy has 20 years.
          Billy understands redistricting better than Tate as he has actually worked on it.
          Billy understands procedurally how to work handle the senate and redistricting issue – tate does not.
          Billy knows every senator and HR from all over the state – Tate does not.
          Billy understands public policy and can outsmart Tate any day.
          BUT – WE WILL NEVER get the chance to actually decide that for ourselves because Tate will not debate. Hewes – available for debate. Hewes – talking issues – just released his plan today. Hewes – legislative experience. Tate – None of the above

• Capinsder permalink
        July 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Sorry but Tate is not tough. He is a bean counter with no ability to lead. I have worked around him for the past 8 years and I know this first hand. Tate is not the outsider he is claiming to be. He has been groomed by the corporate republican establishment for the governorship for the past decade and this is just his stepping stone. He has been bought and paid for by donors from outside the state. Oh and just a small thing that showed a great deal to me is that in one of his commercials he pretended to have a dog that wasnt his. His dog in the commercial was a lab, but he actually owes a smaller mixed dog. Oh and he is scared to debate. How tough does that make you when you are being hid by your donors so you don’t screw up what they have bought.

• Adam permalink
        July 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Bill, your reasons made me laugh out. Trustfund Tate is a joke. He’s no a part of any good ole boys networks? What about all the $10,000 donations he’s taken from senators. I’m sure there were no promises made there. Tate is tough? Ha hahahahaha. He’s so tough he runs from debates. He looks like that little kid that always got his milk money taken from him. I was undecided when this race started but Tate and his supporters pushed me to Billy. Tate is the real politician in this races. That is clear.

10. Scooba permalink
    July 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Just want to ask, I had to laugh outloud. Really, Billy Hewes in cahoots w/ Dems or just as silly is Tate closely tied to dems. Those kind of pics are on ego walls everywhere and in desk drawers.
    Funny thing about the pic to me is Tate asked for it, you smack, you get smacked back. And he looks like a staffer w/ a member, all smiling and what not, looks almost like an intern.

• Oh, please permalink
      July 20, 2011 10:27 am

Reeves is probably smiling so big thinking, “I’m about to eat your lunch in court, ole boy!”

11. listenupms permalink
    July 20, 2011 4:46 pm

has anyone seen emily pettus article on Hewes press conference today! its awesome. crisp comments on it too. A candidate talking issues and rolling out plans! finally doing what they are supposed to be doing instead of talking about petty things. good stuff!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )