Hosemann Mailer Hits Dombrowski

July 20, 2011

Delbert Hosemann recently sent out a mailer hitting his primary opponent Ricky Dombrowski over missed votes in the 2003 and 2007 gubernatorial elections, as well as the 2010 Congressional elections.

View this document on Scribd

This was the first time I have publicly seen Hosemann go in this direction, although I have been told he has taken pretty serious objection to past press releases from Dombrowski. Here is the latest response from Dombrowski, touching on many of those same themes:

Response by GOP candidate Ricky Dombrowski on the attack by Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann in a direct mail piece targeted to the Mississippi Gulf Coast:

“While Delbert wants to distract Mississippi voters about whether I voted 8 years ago or not, I want to talk about his record of proposing millions of dollars in tax increases, adding countless layers of bureaucracy that have cost Mississippians jobs and halted our economic recovery, and his attempt to steal over $150 million in Gulf Coast property and transfer it to the State. There is only one Conservative Republican running for Secretary of State and it is the guy with the really funny name – Ricky Dombrowski.”

Hosemann recently skipped a planned WLOX forum that would have focused on his proposals for over $2 million in new annual taxes and attempt to extort local Gulf Coast cities to sign illegal leases with his office in a blatant power grab. The latter held up almost tens of millions of dollars in Federal Grant money that was awarded to Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina wiped out the Gulf Coast – costing thousands of jobs to Mississippi’s workers in the face of the Obama Recession.

Dombrowski further stated, “This incredible land, power, and money grab by Delbert Hosemann is just the sort of thing any Conservative Republican like me has been fighting for years. I will protect local taxpayers across the State of Mississippi not only from meddlesome bureaucrats in the Obama Administration, but from meddlesome bureaucrats in Jackson as well. There is no reason to allow Jackson bureaucrats to decide what is rightfully the duty and responsibility of local government.”

1. MSPolitico1 permalink
    July 20, 2011 8:42 pm

It’s disappointing that Ricky did not feel it necessary to support true Conservatives in the past three elections.

Furthermore, as President of the City Council in Gulfport, he pushed through a bill banning smoking in public places in the City. However, Ricky, who owns a bar, saw a dramatic decrease in business after the ban was passed, and OPENLY stated that he wanted to repeal to the ban to benefit HIMSELF. The LAST thing we need are more self-serving politicians, such as Ricky Dombrowski.

2. Dontreadonme permalink
    July 20, 2011 9:33 pm

I just can’t support a republican that has been part of an abortion clinic. I think it is terrible that a better competitor did not have the guts to run. However, I lived through 4 years of Hoseman, I can live through 4 years of Dombrowski. It does seem desprite for Hoseman to turn negative, eventhough I did not see him as vulnerable. 4 years of every Circuit Clerk blaming the Sec. of State for every complaint that walks in the courthouse, has generated a toxic atmosphere. Dombrowski has quietly taken advantage of this, making himself the man that is not afraid to standup to Delbert.

3. MS Republican permalink
    July 20, 2011 9:41 pm

It seems as if Dombrowski is only concerned about the way legislation affects the Coast, not the whole state; maybe he would be better off sticking to his local position. Ironic that he is concerned enough to run for a statewide office.. but not concerned enough to vote in an election for one?

• I want to ask permalink
      July 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Brings back memories of Pete Perry & David Landrum

• KingMaker permalink
      July 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Glad I am not the only one thinking the same thing. I’ve yet to hear Ricky mention anything that affects anyone that lives north of I-10.

4. Matt permalink
    July 21, 2011 10:56 am

“There is only one Conservative Republican running for Secretary of State and it is the guy with the really funny name – Ricky Dombrowski.”

Isn’t Delbert Hosemann’s schtick that he’s the guy with the funny name? Like in his memorable ads where everyone mispronounces it. Although Ricky Dombrowski is also a funny name – sounds like the next character in a Will Ferrell movie about bowling or something.

• Dontreadonme permalink
      July 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Yea….. He is just not Conservative…

5. Rusty Walker permalink
    July 21, 2011 2:43 pm

I don’t understand how Sixteenth section land is only a coast issue.
    I don’t see how lines of voters standing at malfunctioning machines is a coast issue.
    I don’t understand how the added layers of paperwork and fees on LLCs are only a coast issue.
    I don’t understand how the taking of waterfront property owner’s lands and rights and adding special use taxes( lease) to them is only a coast issue.
    I don’t see how clear cutting school property to take short term gains on timber sales killing future leases for other uses is a coast issue.
    I don’t see how the lands in Madison, Hattiesburg, Columbus, or dozens of other cities where cities have neighborhoods, downtowns, or other buildings being forced to pay more in exponential increases is a coast issue.
    Is the coast the only place where these things Ricky talks about exist?
    Just because Ricky screamed (past tense) loudest at the Secretary over Gulfport’s harbor doesn’t mean he hasn’t been talking about these other things from DAY ONE.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )