Yancey Sends Out Email To Supporters

August 26, 2011

This morning, Lee Yancey, who lost the runoff in the treasurer’s race to Lynn Fitch on Tuesday, sent out a thank you email to supporters:

“How can I begin to thank so many people who have given of their time, talents, and money in my endeavor to become Mississippi’s state treasurer?

The entire campaign has been a truly humbling experience. No candidate can run a race by themselves. While I didn’t win, I did learn a number of things along the way. Driving from Jackson to Tupelo to Southaven to Meridian to Hattiesburg to Pascagoula, to Gulfport and Biloxi over and over and over again, I met some really good people who care about our state and our nation: Republican clubs, executive committees, and Republican women who are the backbone of our party.

As the campaign progressed, volunteers came on board and gave of their time with no monetary payment in return. Their selflessness and sacrifice was and is an inspiration to me. When I felt like I couldn’t bear the burden any longer, they stepped in and were making calls, writing postcards, driving me around, and going door-to-door.

Everyone associated with the campaign knows that the guy who worked the hardest was my campaign manager George Nassar. Believe it or not, he was the only paid staffer in a statewide campaign. If George had a full paid staff, there is no telling what he could have done! Lisa Shoemaker did a great job with fundraising and helping counsel me with important decisions from her years of campaign experience. I am also thankful to Murphy-Turner Consultants. Craig Murphy, Chris Turner, and Judson Stafford were responsible for those crazy signs. Who ever thought of putting the candidate’s face on a sign?

We made the runoff with the least amount of money and we made it a close race in the runoff 53-47% again being greatly outspent. I have no regrets. We all want to experience the joy of being victorious but the process of trying to get there is what shapes us into who we are. I believe that there is honor in losing if you have given all you can give. I know my team left it all on the field of battle.

I am looking forward to what the future holds by trusting in the One who holds the future in His hands. I now rest in the arms of my family knowing I am the most blessed man in the world. Thank you for believing in me and for helping me go so far. While we see one piece of the jigsaw puzzle, the Lord sees the big picture. I trust Him. May He bless you all.”

1. jason permalink
    August 27, 2011 1:22 am

Lee Yancey has to be one of the biggest hypocrites to come along in a long time. At every turn, he ivokes the Lord’s name and makes sure to point out to everyone that he is this great Christian. However, his run off campaign against Lynn Fitch certainly did not reflect the Christian faith that he professes. It was a mean spirited and hateful campaign. I really didn’t care who won the race but his negative ads convinced me to vote for Fitch. A word for Mr. Yancey: Your actions speak louder than your words do, and if you are the Christian man that you claim to be, you don’t have to keep telling everyone, they will be able to see it through the way you live and conduct yourself.

• John permalink
      August 27, 2011 2:30 am

You said that so perfectly! Actions always speak louder than words! Amen.

2. It has been said permalink
    August 27, 2011 10:00 am

Mean spirited and hateful, he provided a small look at fitch through her record of spending.

I will support the R candidate, but the race is over; keep this up and you may get something in print you do not want.

• Because you asked permalink
      August 27, 2011 1:19 pm

You kill me, man. I’ll say this the only way I know how – if Lee has half a brain and a shred of common sense he won’t do or say a thing, because even though I doubt that he or anyone else has a thing on Lynn, if he did, it pales in comparison to what’s out there about him. I think substantiated claims of abuse/misuse of state property and resources, potential campaign fraud, and the truth about why Lee no longer lobbies or is in the ministry is enough to keep him quiet. If I’ve said it once I’ve said it 100 times – you bought a fraud, a facade. You don’t know Lee Yancey. At least I hope you don’t.

You want to come on the blogs and make general threats, fine. Just know that the Fitch campaign was approached, not the other way around, by attorneys and others with documentation detailing Lee’s ‘dirty laundry’. See, when a negative, dirty campaign is being run these things start to come out. Don’t you think there’s a very good reason his personal friend Sen Joey Filingane endorsed Lynn at the end? Don’t you think there’s a very good reason Senate Chaplain Ben James supported Lynn instead of Senator and fellow pastor Lee Yancey? I’d encourage you to let it go. Things will work out best for all involved if you just let it go.

• unowho permalink
        August 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Beacuse you asked.

Is There, to your knowledge, any eveidence of corrupt, illegal, unethial or any other acts by Lee, that cost the taxpayers money? If so, you have no choice, but to make that public. Because if you don’t, then the voters wiil know that once again our party is placing party over principle, and cannot be trusted to be honest.

• Dontreadonme permalink
        August 29, 2011 12:39 am

Fillingane is a Fa@@. Nothing funny about that. His dad lost & he is next.

3. Because you asked permalink
    August 27, 2011 5:38 pm

I’m a nobody. I know what I know because I asked questions when I started hearing “rumors”. I asked questions like those I have asked Lee’s supporters on here, over and over again. I had already decided I was pro-Fitch. The same answers coming from many different people while he portrayed himself as something totally different are what made me anti-Yancey. Then his poorly researched, half truth attack on Fitch gave many in the state just enough of a glimpse of his true character to make it all that much more believable. All you’ve got to do is ask the questions.

Hell Lee pointed to one of the issues specifically in the email he sent out. The campaign fraud can be seen just by picking up mail pieces and campaign materials from the runoff. Different “paid for” designations, organizations on mail that aren’t registered with the Sec of State, and so on. At one point I know people around Jackson were pushing Fitch to hold a press conference at Delbert’s office. Her response? I won’t do things his way, I’ll win on my own and let him fight his own battles.

I tend to agree with Lee on one thing, and that’s that I trust in Him. This race went the way it needed to for our State. You can take the pennies to the bank on that.

We are extremely for

• ron williams permalink
      August 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Hey because,

Thanks for the response. I wasn’t trying to attack anybody. We cannot allow any knowledge of corruption, be undisclosed. Our State has just suffered through what were some of the most corrupt actions in our History. The only way to change is when nobody’s stand up and say “no more”. It must be said loud and public. If it uis egregious enough we must be willing to pledge our lives and personal fortunes to stop it.

• August 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Go get HER Ron!!

The Hattiesburg elected official has his own pastel baggage.

• ron williams permalink
          August 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Give me the scoop. What ya got ?

4. Joe Dirt permalink
    August 28, 2011 11:10 am

the better candidate won, we were not electing a peckerwood baptist preacher, if so, Lee was the man with a plan. can i get an amen.

• August 28, 2011 2:33 pm

So you nominated one who has been married and divorced multiple times.

5. Coast Rat 4ever permalink
    August 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Two very strong-willed, female candidates locking horns for a statewide race. Ought to make for an interesting campaign. I don’t ever recall a general election for statewide office where both candidates were women. Connie Moran told me that she was hoping Yancey would win as she saw him an easier candidate to beat. This will be a fun one to watch. But Lynn will walk away with this one. So Joe, you get an amen!

The other race that should prove very entertaining and interesting is the AG race. If Neshoba County Fair was any indication of how the camaign will be waged then watch for big Steve Simpson to come out swinging. But don’t think Hood will take it laying down like he did at Neshoba County. I suspect he will reach into his bag of dirty tricks and return the mud-slinging with equal vigor. As Steve recently told me, this is gonna be a “street brawl”. But Steve’s up against a tough and well-funded opponent with Hood. I’m a strong supporter of Steve to the core, but if I was a betting man I gotta admit my money would be on Hood.

• Dontreadonme permalink
      August 29, 2011 12:52 am

Funny rat indeed. Connie told me the opposite. She told me NE mississippi will determine the race and yancey was strong in that region. She plans on taking it to Fitch, and all the dirty laundry is coming out. She stated when she gets through with her the whole state will no that Fitch is a Bi[%$. Sorry coast she has ratted you out.

• Coast Rat 4ever permalink
        August 29, 2011 7:35 am

Tread there is plenty of “dirty laundry” that can come out on Connie. As I’ve said before Connie is my Mayor and a friend of mine. But in our small town of Ocean Springs there are few secrets. And those secrets that are frequently whispered around town at places like Phonecia’s, Lulu’s and The Office may very well come out in this race. I don’t know of any new “dirty laundry” on Lynn but I can assure all that there is plenty on Connie that can come out. But as I said, this will be an interesting race and fun to watch!

• Dontreadonme permalink
          August 30, 2011 1:54 am

Well, the laundry mat will be busy in this one indeed. I guess it will come down to who has the best dry cleaner. Since Ocean Springs is so small, guess you know she is connected to certain republicans down there. Shhhh…..

6. ron williams permalink
    August 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Rat,

Who cares what you have to say ? It’s like you’ve positioned yourself as the Republican Cheerleader for MIM.

• Coast Rat 4ever permalink
      August 29, 2011 7:15 am

It’s like this Ron. This blog site is a way for many of us to voice our opinions on issues, candidates and political happenings. It doesn’t really matter who cares what anyone has to say now does it? And I certainly don’t care what you think of my blogs. But what IS important is that we respect the right for one another to voice our opinions. Now I very clearly disagree with you on many issues and methodologies, but I DO respect your opinions and your right to post them. There are many bloggers on this site that I disagree with but I also respect and appreciate their right to post their thoughts. But you, Ron, strike out at people when they disagree with you. You call them “stupid”, “moron”, “itiot”, and other derogatory terms. I have seen you do this numerous times with numerous different people. And all because they disagree with you. I would suggest that you learn to respect others opinions and appreciate their right to disagree with you. You don’t have to agree with them and you may find it strongly distasteful. Just like your comment about the possibility of Governor Barbour frequenting adult theaters. I found this to be a despicable and disgusting comment, but I respect your right to voice this opinion. So I’m gonna continue to voice my opinions as I see fit regardless of what you think. And I’m gonna continue to respect the rights of other bloggers even though I disagree with them.

7. The Situation permalink
    August 29, 2011 10:39 am

LOL!!! Shoemaker is a complete joke. Not a rational thought runs through her mind. What vast experience does she have consulting winning campaigns? The key word is “winning.”

8. Jeff Rimes permalink
    August 29, 2011 11:24 am

I can’t believe the election is over and Lynn’s supporters are still attacking Lee. I’ve watched Lee throughout this campaign and he always conducted himself with the highest integrity. His critics on here would do well to learn from his example.

• Because you asked permalink
      August 29, 2011 11:59 pm

Highest integrity? Holy crap I gotta find a dictionary pronto, research ‘highest’ and ‘integrity’, and make sure I haven’t been mistaken this whole time on what this ‘integrity’ business actually is.

He went negative in a Treasurer race! He lied about her family, her record, her political leanings, and that’s not to mention the lies about himself. High integrity? Lord have mercy and help us all.

Again, if you’re insulted, take the questions above and previously asked about Lee and ask around. It’s not hard unless you’re scared of the potential answers.

• Jeff Rimes permalink
        August 30, 2011 10:03 am

Hayes, I am not scared of the answers and know the answers better than you do.

• The Situation permalink
          August 30, 2011 11:06 am

No one will ever know and really dont care.. Lee is a loser that is looking for his next gig. Whats next? He should of told his ego to take a hike and stayed put in the Senate. Whats up with some freshman Senator’s running for office during their first term? Yancey, now Watson is going to run against Palazzo. He wont win and wouldnt be any better than Steven. Watson will be looking for another job and hopefully Steven will be replaced by someone with some brains.

• unowho permalink
        August 31, 2011 12:14 pm

I haven’t experienced much ” Integrity” in the whole process. We say we want honest Govt. and repectable men and women of Carachter, but thats not what we get;. ( with very few exceptions )

9. Travis Rose permalink
    August 30, 2011 1:48 pm

If Watson were to run and lose, he’d still be a state senator. Just sayin.

• Coast Rat 4ever permalink
      August 30, 2011 2:00 pm

There are several names floating around down here of R’s considering considering a run against Palazzo. I have heard Watson will run and also a local Ocean Springs boy, too. Question is, what is Gene gonna do???

• The Situation permalink
        August 30, 2011 2:29 pm

He is going to keep welding boat hulls if hes smart. There is no way he can raise the money to run against the dog catcher in comparison to GOP candidates. Steven was the lab rat the beat gene and turned the coast red. Now people want someone who can really get things done and acts Congressional. Watson is not that guy. I think your OS kid could totally be the right person that wins and becomes more successful than Steven in congress any day of the week.

Right, Watson will still be Senator after he losses, but he will loss what political capital he has running against Steven. I bet he retires or gets beat the next cycle.

• It has been said permalink
          August 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Watson is the guy.. if he runs he wins big.

• No to Steve Simpson, Ron permalink
            August 31, 2011 8:10 am

Mike is a good guy. I supported and contributed to his last campaign.

I just would like specifics as to the benefit for the voters for him to change positions. Specifically, what would he do different from Steve?

• No to Steve Simpson, Ron permalink
        August 31, 2011 8:04 am

Hey Rat, You might like this.

Do you remember a whilre baxk, you attacked me for saying that I would look for honesty and openess from Steve Simpson. You said you were a friend os his and that those issues didn’t count.

Steve called me and aske me about those remarks. But here’s where he showed hisw tru colors. He asked me if I knew wno you were. He was fishing on, your behalf. I trold him no, so that I could tewst him.

I asked him if he Knew who you were. He said no. It is obvious that you guys are friends, and He lied.

If there is one office in our State that demands honesty, it is the Chief Law enforcement officer ( AG )

It was really disrepectful that he would ask for my support, while at the same time, lie But I,ve learned that most Mississippi Republican candidates, have mastered the art of deception..

• Republican Dawg permalink
          August 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Ron, are there any competitive statewide offices in which you will be voting Republican? I think its a fair question since you ran as a Republican. I could care less who someone votes for and what reasons they have, but if you want to run as a Republican, you should, well be a Republican. You could have always run as an independent, reform, democrat, whatever. But you didn’t you chose the Republican party because it is the only ticket to win in November.

• Ron Williams permalink
            August 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Republican Dawg,

I am a Republican. Make no mistake about it. I hold the Reagan Principles of the Republican Party near and dear to my heart., I am not going to quit the party just because it has been usurped by a bunch of self serving special interests. Just because a person calls himself a Republcan don’t make it so.

Let me give you an example.

1. limited Govt. / As president of the Seanate, Phil had the votes to override Haley’s veto of the eminent domain bill. Phil did not do that. But the other night he was speaking about protecting property rights.

Protecting property rights is a Republican tenet, sounds good to get votes, but Phils’ actions tell his true colors.

2;. We went 422 million dollars further in unnec essary debgt in the last 6 months, under Phils’ senate leadership. Where is that republican committment to less Govt. debt.

I am a Republican and will support other Repub;licans, based on actions, not just rhetoric. You should do the same.

• Ron Williams permalink
            August 31, 2011 6:02 pm

I have had a lot of people ask me who to vote for. they ask who I’m voting for.

I give them who and what my reasons are. I will be voting for many Republican Candidates in the General.

• Ron Williams permalink
            August 31, 2011 6:05 pm

One More comment,

I have been a Mississipp Republican ( contributor ) for years, thousand of dollars. You have no right t6o question my committment to Rep[ublican Values.

We had a good Party at bone time. I don’t know where we went wrong. I think the Barbour reghime has hurt us, but we will survive.

• Ron Williams permalink
      August 31, 2011 12:17 pm

Travis,

You would be a good candidate for this. You demonstrated your honesty and genuine concern for the people of Mississippi.

I would give you your first couple of thousand. What do you say?

• Travis Rose permalink
        September 1, 2011 3:25 pm

Ron, I’m flattered but I’d have to say no, for many reasons.

10. Hayes Dent permalink
    August 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Jeff Rimes…if that’s your name…I post under one name and one name only, Hayes Dent. Don’t try to drag me in to this thread…just saying (sorry Travis, had to steal that one from you but it fit the situation. It’s time for a general election folks…

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )