Marcy Invites Freeman To Tea Party Event

September 29, 2011

Following Morgan Freeman’s comments about what he feels is in the heart of Tea Party activists, and any opponents of Obama in general, former Republican candidate for Congress Bill Marcy penned a letter to the famous actor inviting him to a Tea Party event in Mississippi.

Here is the letter Marcy wrote:

View this document on Scribd

Note: If you are reading this via e-mail or RSS feed you will need to click through to see the document.

1. Charlie Stogner permalink
    September 29, 2011 8:54 am

Bill needs to see that Fox News gets a copy of this as well as some like Dick Morris, Rush Limbaugh and Fox News gets a copy of this.

It would be good if Herman Cain, Congressman Allan West and N.C. GOP candidate Vernon Robinson could have copies.

I’d like to see Freeman’s opinion changed from first hand exposure to sincere Tea Party types. If not changed, then at least have met some active members.

• Ron Williams permalink
      September 29, 2011 6:18 pm

Wanted you guys to know that I record my firs Dupree ad next week. I have spoken with many of my supporters, and when they look beyond party label, to the facts, they agree that Johnny is the best of our choices for Governor.

I trust we can count on your support.

• Republican Dawg permalink
        September 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Would have thought DuPree’s campaign was smarter than that.

• ron williams to dawg permalink
          October 1, 2011 9:53 pm

That’s a nice personal attack. Have you seen the fundraiser invitation? Do you know who is going to repay all those high dollar contributors ? Let me tell you, it’s gonna be the working middle class mississippians. These contributors will be rewarded with no bid contracts or non-low bid contracts on Public projects.

our bond debt went up during Haleys’ regime, in order to reward contributors. Phil will be even worse.

There is nothing conservative or Republican about that.

I love this State and want what is best for all of us. Of the two choices, we gotta go with Johnny.

Why are you guys not capable of looking beyond labels, for your choices to represent us? Why can’t you get beyond the Political Rhetoric and look at the facts.

• ron williams to rep dawg permalink
            October 2, 2011 12:57 pm

One thing you can say about my campaign. I never tried to fleece anyone out of their money. It was never about getting rich off of the concerns of honest working people.

I have come to the conclusion, that I could take a bag of dog manure and label it a Republican. You guys would place that bag in a position of honor in your house.

Now dog manure is not a Republican value. But most of you would never look in the bag.

Phil Bryant is like that bag. He carries the label, but there is nothing Republican or fiscally conservative about him. You guys however, will never look in the bag

I looked in the bag. Mississippi deserves better than dog crap.

One other thing. Not one single person has been able to dispute any of my accusations about Phil. That is because unlike the Republican candidate for Governor, I won’t lie to you.

Help me protect Mississippi from 4 years of financial ruin. Vote for Johnny Dupree.

2. DLSL permalink
    September 29, 2011 2:52 pm

The 2nd district missed out on a electing a real representative last November. How sad that people like Thompson, who is so blindly followed, are the ones that continue to keep them down.

I hope Freeman responds, and takes Marcy up on his offer. It is possible to teach an old dog new tricks, after all.

3. Bill Billingsley permalink
    September 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Morgan Freeman hasn’t been as outspoken as many of the Hollywood leftists, and I think if he would take the time and make a sincere effort to interact with some Delta Republicans he’d go away with a different opinion than the one he holds today. However, I don’t look for that to happen. He didn’t develop the attitude and prejudices he has by being open to other points of view. I wonder if there’s a Tea Party equivalent group on the left who would invite some of us to their meetings? Specifically, I wonder if Bill Marcy would ever be invited to a Democrat gathering in the Second District. My guess is that Bill would be more open to them than they’d be to him…

4. Michelle White permalink
    September 29, 2011 5:15 pm

I would like to think that he would- if for no other reason, than to hear the other side of the story from that party. For how can anyone make a fair or even reasonable decision about anything without at least trying to understand/respect another’s ideas/thoughts. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with them.

5. Red Coat permalink
    September 30, 2011 9:25 am

DLSL, you couldn’t be more right about the 2nd District missing out by blindly following Thompson. Marcy’s letter is very well-written and shows what kind of leader he would have been for his constituents – thoughtful and open-minded. Let’s hope Marcy stays in politics and can serve MS in some way. He’s a good man.

6. Rufus T. Firefly permalink
    October 1, 2011 9:54 pm

You stole this almost word for word from Ali Akbar’s letter to Morgan Freeman. His was posted on the 27th. You stole it on the 28th. Nice try.

• DLSL permalink
      October 2, 2011 11:28 am

Regardless of who wrote it first, the message remains the same: the Tea Party must not be as racist as Mr. Freeeman thinks it is if black men like Mr. Marcy support the cause. Wasn’t the Tea Party candidate in the 1st District last year a black woman? I just don’t think the Tea Party sees color and gender like the left would have us believe. Seems like Mr. Freeman should spend a little more time paying attention to the politics of his own home state before he makes such sweeping statements.

• ron williams to DSDL permalink
        October 2, 2011 4:10 pm

One of the most public T party supporter is Kim Wade. He is a Black Mississippian who wants conservative values in our State. ( I don’t know why he supports Phil, but whatever)

Bill Marcy and Kim Wade are good Christian conservatives, and they support the T. That is political fact, not useless rhetoric.

Of the Many good, decent and Public minded people I was able to speak with on the campaign, Bill and Kim are two of the most sincere who are dedicated to a better Mississippi. By not selecting Bill, those folks missed out.

7. Seriousvoter permalink
    October 3, 2011 12:52 pm

Is Morgan Freeman worth trying to change his opinions? Do you really think that you can teach that old dog new tricks. I doubt it. You may be able to convince him that not all Tea Party folks are racist and evil but I doubt that he would change his normal politics which are strongly democratic. Bill Marcy and Kim Wade are fine individuals who would represent Mississippi well in whatever they do. I agree that district 2 lost a fine man when they did not elect Marcy. Benny Thompson is a thug and his polictical practices reflect this mentality. The Republican Party also did not support Marcy financially either – they chose to put their money behind and idiot like Alan Nunnely. What a fine representative he turned out to be. This state needs to change their good ole boy politics and that is where the Tea Party needs to spend their time working. With Phil Bryant as our new governor, it will be business as usual. No wonder Freeman has bad ideas about Tea Partiers – most of them are republicans and this state needs to clean up that party.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )